Retail Companies Set To Release Quarterly Earnings
As it finally starts to get warmer, a big question on retail traders' minds is which companies were able to perform during the harsh winter months.
The Street appears to be unsympathetic towards companies that have tried to highlight bad weather as a reason for poor performance.
Perhaps most notably of which is Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT), as the company cited "severe weather" multiple times in its Q1 FY15 earnings report released earlier Thursday. In reaction to Wal-Mart's poor performance shares are trading down ~2 percent.
Wal-Mart is only the beginning. As more companies are set to release quarterly earnings over the next week, a clearer picture of the Street's reaction to harsh winter weather will be seen.
The following list provides information on the earnings releases some notable retail traders should be on the lookout for. In addition to these companies, traders may want to keep an eye on SPDR S&P Retail ETF (NYSE: XRT).
- Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ: URBN) post-market
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS) pre-market
- Staples (NASDAQ: SPLS) pre-market
- Home Depot (NYSE: HD) pre-market
- TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX) pre-market
- American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO) pre-market
- Lowe's Companies (NYSE: LOW) pre-market
- PETsMART (NASDAQ: PETM) premarket
- Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF) pre-market
- William-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM) post-market
- Best Buy Co. (NYSE: BBY) pre-market
- Dollar Tree Stores (NASDAQ: DLTR) pre-market
- Sears Holdings (NASDAQ: SHLD) pre-market
- Aeropostale (NYSE: ARO) post-market
- GameStop (NYSE: GME) post-market
- Gap (NYSE: GPS) post-market
- Foot Locker (NYSE: FL) pre-market
© 2015 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.