Earnings Preview: PepsiCo's EPS, Revenue Expected to Rise
Earnings and Revenue:
Analysts are predicting an EPS reading of $1.30/share and revenues of $17.25 billion. PepsiCo's latest numbers will no doubt be compared with the company's year-ago quarter, when it reported a profit of $1.22/share on revenues of $15.51 billion. We'll have to wait for Wednesday to see if PepsiCo falls in line with analyst expectations and reports an estimated increase in both EPS and revenue from the year-ago quarter.
Here's how the company's reported EPS has stacked up against analyst estimates in the past:
At last check, shares of PepsiCo were trading at $61.02. Shares are down 4.4% year to date. For a full 12 months, the return has declined by 5.6%. Given that these returns are generally negative, long-term shareholders are probably a little upset going into this earnings release.
- Long-term shareholders are already wary of 12-month losses prior to the announcement
Average Stock Rating:
The average rating by analysts for PepsiCo is a Moderate Buy. This rating has strengthened slightly over the past ninety days.
Want to check out the performance of PepsiCo closest competitors? Take a look at some of the company's peers in the consumer staples sector.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (NYSE: CCE): Hold with a $0.76 recent quarter EPS
- Cott Corp (USA (NYSE: COT): Moderate Buy with a $0.31 recent quarter EPS
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS): Hold with a $0.77 recent quarter EPS
PepsiCo is in the beverages-soft industry, which has experienced price/earnings growth of 1.4%.
Finally, a description of the company's main areas of operation: PepsiCo is a global company that manufactures a variety of salty, convenient, sweet and grain-based snacks, carbonated and non-carbonated beverages, and foods.
There is your peek into PepsiCo's upcoming earnings numbers, including some competitors to watch around the time of the announcement. Check back in with us after the announcement for a full recap. In the meantime, here are some links to explore today.
- To see up-to-date news on PepsiCo, click here
- To see other trading ideas, click here
- To see other company earnings recaps, click here