Avon Products Earnings Preview: Analyts Expect Higher Earnings, Revenue from Prior Quarter
Earnings and Revenue:
Analysts are predicting an EPS reading of 50 cents per share and revenues of $2.89 billion. Avon Products' latest numbers will no doubt be compared with the company's year-ago quarter, when it reported a positive EPS of 48 cents per share on revenues of $2.68 billion. Can Avon Products manage the estimated 4.2% rise in EPS and 7.8% increase in revenues from the year-ago quarter as analysts are predicting? We'll have to wait until Thursday to find out.
Here's how the company's reported EPS has stacked up against analyst estimates in the past:
As of July 22, 2011, Avon Products' current share price was $28.69. Shares are up 0.3% year to date.
Average Stock Rating:
The average rating by analysts for Avon Products is a Hold. Over the past three months this rating's strength has declined slightly.
Wondering how Avon Products compares to rivals in the same sector? Here are a few of the company's peers.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (NYSE: CL): Hold with a $1.16 recent quarter EPS
- Estee Lauder Companies (NYSE: EL): Hold with a $0.71 recent quarter EPS
- Herbalife (HLF): Strong Buy with a $0.71 recent quarter EPS
- Inter Parfums (IPAR): Hold with a $0.41 recent quarter EPS
The cosmetics company's industry has seen price/earnings growth of 0.8% during the current fiscal year.
Finally, a description of the company's main areas of operation: Avon Products is a global manufacturer and marketer of beauty, fashion and home products.
Now that you've gotten an advanced peak at Avon Products' upcoming earnings numbers, keep an eye out for any surprises in the report and be ready to take action. Also, check back in with us after the announcement for a full recap and a guide to your next steps.
- To see up-to-date news on Avon Products, click here
- To see other trading ideas, click here
- To see other company earnings recaps, click here