J. Alexander's Corporation Reports Third Quarter EPS of $.25
J. Alexander's Corporation (NASDAQ: JAX) today reported operating results for the third quarter and first nine months of fiscal 2010 which ended on October 3, 2010.
A summary of the third quarter of 2010, compared to the third quarter of 2009, follows:
- Net sales increased 8.5% to $35,164,000 from $32,423,000.
- Average weekly same store sales per restaurant advanced 8.6%.
- The loss before income taxes was $1,012,000 compared to a loss before income taxes of $2,608,000 in the third quarter of 2009.
- An income tax benefit of $2,490,000 was recorded for the third quarter of 2010 compared to a benefit of $1,289,000 in the third quarter of 2009.
- Net income was $1,478,000 compared to a net loss of $1,319,000 in the third quarter of 2009, and the diluted earnings per share were $.25 compared to a loss per share of $.22 in the third quarter of 2009.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.