15 Biggest Mid-Day Gainers For Wednesday
- Cerulean Pharma Inc (NASDAQ: CERU) shares gained 47.3 percent to $1.02 after the company disclosed that it has struck a strategic collaboration agreement with Swiss drug giant Novartis AG (ADR) (NYSE: NVS) to develop nanoparticle-drug conjugates.
- Technical Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: TCCO) shares surged 36.2 percent to $3.20 after a recent filing from the company showed that it has received a $2.37 million order.
- Banc of California Inc (NYSE: BANC) shares climbed 16.7 percent to $13.14 as the company reported better-than-expected earnings for its latest quarter.
- iPass Inc. (NASDAQ: IPAS) shares gained 14.2 percent to $1.85. iPass is expected to report Q3 results on November 3, 2016. Maxim Group initiated coverage on iPass with a Buy rating.
- JetPay Corporation (NASDAQ: JTPY) shares surged 11.5 percent to $3.00 after the company disclosed a significant investment and board appointment of industry veteran Larry Stone.
- Ritter Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: RTTR) shares rose 11.3 percent to $2.56 on volume.
- America's Car-Mart, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRMT) shares gained 10.5 percent to $41.20. Bank of America upgraded America's Car-Mart from Underperform to Buy.
- GNC Holdings Inc (NYSE: GNC) shares rose 9.3 percent to $13.14. According to a Wall Street Journal report, GNC has recently met with prospective buyers from China. The current market cap of the company is about $1.4 billion and has an estimated debt of close to $1.6 billion. Including the debt, the possible deal could be valued at about $4 billion.
- Tableau Software Inc (NYSE: DATA) shares gained 6.9 percent to $50.50. Tableau Software is expected to release Q3 results on November 1, 2016.
- Natus Medical Inc (NASDAQ: BABY) shares gained 6.4 percent to $42.25. Natus Medical posted better-than-expected Q3 results.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc. (NYSE: OAS) shares rose 6 percent to $11.20. Capital One Financial upgraded Oasis Petroleum from Equal-Weight to Overweight.
- Halliburton Company (NYSE: HAL) shares gained 5 percent to $49.44 after reporting better-than-expected quarterly profit.
- IAMGOLD Corp (USA) (NYSE: IAG) rose 3.8 percent to $3.80. Canaccord Genuity upgraded IAMGOLD from Hold to Buy.
- Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ: YHOO) shares rose 2.5 percent to $42.72 as the company reported upbeat earnings for the third quarter on Tuesday.
- Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR) rose 2.2 percent to $17.19. Loop Capital Markets upgraded Twitter from Sell to Hold.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.