10 Biggest Mid-Day Gainers For Tuesday
- Golden Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ: GLDC) shares climbed 58.5 percent to $11.89 following a $12 per share cash bid from Utz Quality Foods.
- Hudson Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: HDSN) surged 34.8 percent to $5.11 after the company reported that it has been awarded a Department of Defense contract with an estimated maximum value of $400 million.
- Sophiris Bio Inc (NASDAQ: SPHS) shares jumped 30.6 percent to $4.07.
- Differential Brands Group Inc (NASDAQ: DFBG) shares rose 18.2 percent to $3.29 after the company reported that it has completed the acquisition of SWIMS AS.
- Cerulean Pharma Inc (NASDAQ: CERU) shares gained 13.2 percent to $2.58 as the company reported that it has received the FDA Fast Track designation for CRLX101 for the treatment of platinum-resistant ovarian cancer.
- Pulmatrix Inc (NASDAQ: PULM) gained 12.5 percent to $2.49 after the company reported positive topline data from a Phase 1 pilot pharmacokinetic bioavailability trial of PUR0200.
- VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) shares climbed 9.4 percent to $68.45 after the company reported better-than-expected results for its second quarter.
- Star Bulk Carriers Corp. (NASDAQ: SBLK) gained 9.3 percent to $4.22. JP Morgan upgraded Star Bulk Carriers from Neutral to Overweight.
- DexCom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM) shares rose 8 percent to $84.48. Dexcom reported that the FDA has posted the briefing documents ahead of the Panel meeting.
- AU Optronics Corp (ADR) (NYSE: AUO) shares gained 4.3 percent to $3.86. Bank of America upgraded AU Optronics from Neutral to Buy.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.