Mid-Day Market Update: Thursday's Top Volume Stocks; Sunedison, Disney, Apple, Facebook and More!
The Dow Jones Industrial Index declined 0.75 percent, the S&P 500 dwindled 0.85 percent, the NASDAQ Composite dropped 1.64 percent, and the US Dollar Index remained stagnant in Thursday’s midday session.
The following were the top ten volume stocks for Thursday’s session:
- Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (NASDAQ: FOXA) climbed to first place on Thursday as the company had volumes of ~70.04 million versus an average of ~12.77 million.
- Sunedison Inc (NYSE: SUNE) made it to the list with volumes of ~53 million versus an average of ~12.97 million.
- Walt Disney Co (NYSE: DIS) made it on the volumes list once again with volumes of ~44.32 million versus its average of ~8.22 million.
- Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL) came in fourth with volumes of ~37.86 million versus its average of ~52.55 million.
- Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB) had volumes of ~33.62 million versus its average of ~34.54 million.
- Bank of America Corp (NYSE: BAC) had volumes of ~31.37 million versus its average of ~82.38 million.
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc (NYSE: SIRI) had volumes of 31.22 million versus averages of ~30.31 million.
- Transocean LTD (NYSE: RIG) made it to the list with volumes of ~28.8 million versus its average of ~12.86 million.
- Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA) had volumes of ~29.24 million versus its average of ~13.03 million.
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK) had volumes of ~27.94 million versus its average of ~23.90 million.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.