Market Update: Tuesday's Top Volume Leaders: Sirius XM, BoA, Sprint, Facebook And More
The Dow Jones Industrial Index rose 0.91 percent, the S&P 500 Index was up 1.05 percent, the NASDAQ Composite increased 0.83 percent and the U.S. Dollar Index remained stagnant as the U.S. markets finally saw a rise in Tuesday’s trading session.
Here were the top 10 volume movers at midday:
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) had volumes of 45.94 million versus an average of ~27.72 million.
- Bank of America Corp (NYSE: BAC) had volumes of ~43.57 million versus an average of ~82.33 million.
- Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras SA (NYSE: PBR) had volumes of ~34.23 million versus an average of ~27.93 million.
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc (NYSE: FCX) had volumes of ~33.46 million versus an average of ~22.86 million.
- Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) had volumes of ~32.65 million versus an average of ~26.73 million.
- Ambev SA (NYSE: ABEV) had volumes of ~28.27 million versus an average of ~12.37 million.
- Vale SA (NYSE: VALE) had volumes of ~25.91 million versus an average of ~28.01 million.
- Sprint Corp (NYSE: S) had volumes of ~22.09 million versus an average of ~20.99 million.
- Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB) had volumes of ~22 million versus an average of ~30.18 million.
- AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) had volumes of ~21.20 million versus an average of ~34.28 million.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.