'Merger Monday' Lives Up To Name: From NXP Semiconductors To eBay, There's At Least $20 Billon In Total Deals
Over the past three days, at least seven major deals took place. The total transactions totaled more than $20 billion. Let's take a quick look at them:
- NXP Semiconductors NV (NASDAQ: NXPI) plans to buy smaller peer Freescale Semiconductor Ltd (NYSE: FSL) in a deal valued at approximately $12 billion. Freescale shares are up more than 11 percent, while NXP gained about 16.5 percent on Monday morning. The combined enterprise is valued at more than $40 billion.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE: HPQ) will acquire network access solutions provider Aruba Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARUN) for $24.67 per share, or a total of approximately $2.7 billion (1.7 billion pounds). Both companies' shares are down on Monday morning, following the announcement.
- Mitel Networks Corp (NASDAQ: MITL) will purchase mobile networking software maker Mavenir Systems Inc (NYSE: MVNR) for $560 million in cash and stock. Mavenir's stockholders will receive $11.08 and 0.675 Mitel shares for every share they hold. Mavenir is up about 14 percent, while Mitel is down roughly 13 percent on Monday.
- Cardinal Health Inc (NYSE: CAH) shares are inching up on Monday, after the company announced that it has offered to buy Johnson & Johnson's (NYSE: JNJ) Cordis heart device business for $1.94 billion in cash.
- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) will acquire Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP) American Medical Systems' (AMS) Men's and Prostate Health businesses for up to $1.65 billion. Endo International's shares are up 2.5 percent on the news.
- PacWest Bancorp (NASDAQ: PACW) and Square 1 Financial Inc (NASDAQ: SQBK) are down substantially on Monday, after the former announced it will buy the latter for $849 million, looking to increase its exposure to tech and life-sciences markets.
- eBay Inc (NASDAQ: EBAY)'s PayPal plans to acquire startup Paydiant Inc. for an estimated price of $280 million.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.