IDC's Top 10 Predictions For 2015: China, Cloud, Security And More
International Data Corporation (IDC) on Tuesday released its top 10 predictions for the worldwide information and telecommunications technology (ICT) industry in 2015.
1. Worldwide ICT spending will grow 3.8 percent to more than $3.8 trillion.
2. Telecommunications services will see wireless data emerge as the largest and fastest growing segment of telecom spending.
3. Mobile devices and apps will “continue to charge” ahead in 2015, but not at the “frenzied pace” of the past few years.
4. Cloud related services will remain a “hotbed” in 2015, accounting for $118 billion in spending.
5. Big data and analytics will see increased activity as global spending on big data related software, hardware and services will reach $125 billion.
6. The “Internet of Things” will see further growth and expansion as new technologies and device continue to become interconnected.
7. Data centers will undergo a “fundamental transformation” as raw storage capacity continues shifting to cloud.
8. New industry disruptions such as alternative payment networks will expand rapidly.
9. “3rd Platform-optimized” security solutions including biometric security on mobile devices and higher levels of encryption will rapidly grow following increased demand.
10. China will experience “skyrocketing influence” on the global ICT market with 43 percent of all industry growth, one-third of all smartphone purchases and one-third of all online shoppers.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.