Mid-Day Market Movers For Wednesday, June 4, 2014
- TF Financial (NASDAQ: THRD) - 32 percent - The stock is spiking due to the announcement that National Penn Bancshares (NASDAQ: NPBC) has agreed to purchase the bank.
- NQ Mobile (NYSE: NQ) - 30 percent - news that an independent audit found the publicly reported financials were "verifiable and consistent" with actual cash balances and revenue.
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VNDA) - 23 percent - The stock surged after the European Medicines Agency accepted the company's Marketing Authorization Application for Hetlioz, a medication that treats non-24-hour sleep-wake disorder.
- Celladon (NASDAQ: CLDN) - 22 percent - Shares spiked in pre-market trading and marked-up until it peaked at $9.90.
- DragonWave (NASDAQ: DRWI) - 19 percent - The stock soared after the firm revised its revenue expectations for its first quarter that ended in May.
- Protective Life (NYSE: PL) - 18 percent - news that Dai-Ichi agreed to purchase the company for $70/share sent the stock up.
- China Finance Online Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: JRJC) - 13 percent - The company's latest report showed revenues rose 400 percent and the company returned to profitability for the first time in 11 quarters.
- Transcept Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: TSPT) - 33 percent - The stock is falling as result of company declaring ex-dividends Wednesday.
- Ebix (NASDAQ: EBIX) - 13 percent - Shares reacted to the 835 contracts traded vs. 0 open interest.
- Retrophin (NASDAQ: RTRX) - 11 percent - Shares are trading down on news that CEO Martin Shkreli sold 292,400 shares at $15.14/share.
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ: FCEL) - eight percent - The company reported weaker-than-expected Q2 results with a loss of $0.04/share.
- Endeavour (NYSE: END) - eight percent - stocks fall after a 7,500 spread trade.
- ChyronHego (NASDAQ: CHYR) - seven percent - Shares are trading down on news that News-Press & Gazette Company will extend its ChyronHego BlueNet graphics creation across nine broadcast locations.
- Swisher Hygiene (NASDAQ: SWSH) - seven percent - the stock is reacting to the company's 1-for-10 reverse stock split that became effective at noon.
- Synthesis Energy Systems (NASDAQ: SYMX) - six percent
- Natuzzi SpA (NYSE: NTZ) - five percent - technical analysis of the stock shows it not breaking the $2.40 price, but being sold before it hits $2.50.
© 2015 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.