Market Overview

Echo Therapeutics to Report Trial Results of Symphony tCGM System at Critical Care Congress

Related ECTE
Echo Therapeutics Slips to Sell - Analyst Blog
Echo Therapeutics Narrows Loss, Meets Ests - Analyst Blog

Echo Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ECTE), a company developing its needle-free Symphony^® Transdermal Continuous Glucose Monitoring (tCGM) System as a non-invasive, wireless, transdermal continuous glucose monitoring system, presented an expanded analysis of data collected from the clinical study of Echo's Symphony tCGM System in critically ill patients at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, MA.  The data were presented during Display and Professor Walk Rounds on Sunday, January 20, 2013 at the Society of Critical Care Medicine's 42^nd Critical Care Congress.

The poster, entitled "Accuracy of a Novel Non-Invasive Transdermal Continuous Glucose Monitor in Critically Ill Patients," presented by the principal investigator, Stanley A. Nasraway, M.D., FCCM, provided data from fifteen (15) patients who were undergoing elective cardiac surgery.  The patients' glucose levels were monitored continuously for 24 hours.  The key findings include:

o Using 570 Symphony tCGM glucose readings paired with reference blood glucose measurements, the Mean Absolute Relative Difference (MARD) was 12.3%. o The Clarke Error Grid (CEG) analysis showed that 81.7% of the readings appeared in the grid's A zone with the remaining 18.3% percent falling in the B zone.  The grid's A zone represents results that are the most clinically accurate and results in the B zone are considered clinically acceptable. o The Continuous Glucose-Error Grid analysis (CG-EGA) showed that 99.6% of the readings were clinically accurate (A) and 0.0% were benign (B) errors with a combined A+B of 99.6%. o 94.4% of the calculated CGM rates were within +/-1 mg/dL/min of the reference rate and 99.6% were within +/-2 mg/dL/min.

Posted-In: News FDA

 

Most Popular

Related Articles (ECTE)

Around the Web, We're Loving...

Partner Network

Get Benzinga's News Delivered Free