EUR / USD – The Resistance Level at 1.30 Standing Tall
The last 48 hours has seen the Euro enjoy a sojourn above the key level at 1.30 before being forced back again with excessive supply. Over the last week or so, the 1.29 level has been providing strong support and stopping the Euro's price decline, and the last 48 hours has seen the Euro jump up from this level towards 1.30. Looking at the bigger picture, the last few weeks has seen the Euro meet significant selling pressure near the resistance level around 1.3160 and move away steadily.
Should the Euro fall through the 1.29 level, there is a reasonable chance that the longer term support level at 1.28 will be called upon. Since the Euro broke through 1.30 last week, the 1.29 has become a factor and showed solid support, after having done so previously a few weeks ago. The 1.28 level still looms large and remains a significant level and the Euro is likely to test this level again should it break through the present support level at 1.29. (Daily chart / 4 hourly chart below)
4 hourly chart
|Nov 1 at 22:00 GMT|
|1.2940/41||H: 1.2982||L: 1.2924|
- During the early hours of the Asian trading session on Friday, the Euro has just pushed up a little towards 1.2950.
- The recent resistance level around 1.3150 has played a role again over the last couple of weeks, and more recently, the Euro has struggled to hold on to 1.30.
- The 1.28 level emerged as a key level too having shown solid support for the Euro at its last reversal and is poised to do so again should the Euro continue to drift lower and break through the present support level at 1.29.
- There are now severel levels likely to offer support over the longer term having recently moved through several strong resistance levels. Eg. 1.24, 1.26, and 1.28.
- Current range: Just below 1.2950.
Further levels in both directions:
- Below: 1.2900, 1.2800 and 1.2600.
- Above: 1.3000 and 1.3150.
- JP 5:00 (GMT) Vehicle Sales (Oct)
- US 12:30 (GMT) Non Farm Productivity (Prelim.) (Q3)
- US 12:58 (GMT) Manufacturing PMI (Oct)
- US 14:00 (GMT) Consumer Confidence (Oct)
- US 14:00 (GMT) Construction Spending (Sep)
- US 21:00 (GMT) Vehicle Sales (Oct)
This article is for general information purposes only. It is not investment advice or a solution to buy or sell securities. Opinions are the authors; not necessarily that of OANDA Corporation or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers or directors. Leveraged trading is high risk and not suitable for all. You could lose all of your deposited funds.
The following article is from one of our external contributors. It does not represent the opinion of Benzinga and has not been edited.