Financial Breakfast: Morning News Summary for November 25, 2011
Friday, November 25, 2011
This is your Benzinga news summary and trader's outlook covering headlines from overnight and today's pre-market session.
2,500 stocks were traded that first day, February 8th, 1971. On the NASDAQ.
- U.S. Equity Markets trade lower with Dow Futures down about 40 points.
- U.S. Dollar trades about 0.5% higher.
- European markets are lower in afternoon trading. Britain's FTSE 100 lost 0.32%, Germany's DAX decreased by 0.42% and France's CAC 40 slid by 0.43% on the session.
- Asian stocks ended the session mixed. China's Shanghai fell 0.7%, Japan's Nikkei 225 lost 0.06% and Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index lost 0.1.37%.
- The Oxen Group upgrades Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (NASDAQ: GMCR) to Buy, $70 PT
- UBS upgrades Crestwood Midstream Partners (NYSE: CMLP) to Neutral, $32 PT
- Fitch Downgrades Portugale's credit rating to BB+
- Moody's downgrades Hungary's credit rating to Ba1
- Durable Goods Orders came in at -0.7% versus an estimate of -1.2% .
- Initial Jobless Claims came in at 393K versus an estimate of 390K, Continuing Claims came in at 3691K versus an estimate 3621K.
- Hormel Foods (NYSE: HRL) reports Q4 EPS $0.43 vs $0.42 Est; Revenues $2.1B vs $2.11B Est
- Medtronic (NYSE: MDT) reports Q2 EPS $0.84 vs $0.82 Est; Revenues $4.13B vs $4.07B Est
- ReneSola (NYSE: SOL) Reports 3Q EPS per ADS $(0.09) vs $(0.11) Est; Revenues $189.12M vs $221.76M Est
- China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) Holding Reports Q3 EPS $0.17-ADS vs $0.18 Est; Revenues $25.9M vs $24.71M Est
- Deere & Co (NYSE: DE) Reports Q4 EPS $1.62 vs $1.43 Est; Revenues $7.90B vs $7.87B
- AT&T has decided to withdraw its merger application with T-Mobile
- eFuture (NASDAQ: EFUT) announced that it has purchased senior convertible notes valued at $1 billion.
- InterOil Corporation (NYSE: IOC) and Pacific LNG announced the they will work together to harvest natural gas from Papua New Guinea.
- Precious metals are trading lower, with gold posting losses of about 1%
- Energy futures are trading lower, with crude oil posting losses of about 1%
- Natural Gas futures are higher by about 1.5% and copper is trading lower by about 0.5%
Technical Levels for Futures and Forex
|US Dollar Index||78.94||78.71||78.44||78.18||77.91|
Subscribe here to receive it daily to your inbox! </div>
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.