Financial Breakfast: Morning News Summary for July 5, 2012
Thursday, July 5, 2012
This is your Benzinga news summary and trader's outlook covering headlines from overnight and today's pre-market session.
- U.S. Equity Markets trade up as Dow futures trade higher about 34 points.
- U.S. Dollar trades about 0.52% higher.
- European markets are higher in afternoon trading. Britain's FTSE 100 added 0.52%, Germany's DAX advanced 0.81% and France's CAC 40 added 0.13% on the session.
- Asian stocks ended the session mixed. China's Shanghai slid 1.18%, Japan's Nikkei 225 fell 0.27%, and the Hong Kong's Hang Seng Market advanced 0.50%.
- Bank of England Leaves Rates Unchanged at 0.5%, BOE Asset Purchase Target Increased By £50B To £375B
- China Cuts One Year Lending Rate 0.31 Percentage Points, Cuts One Year Deposit Rate 0.25 Percentage Points
- JP Morgan Raises PT to $45 on Verizon (NYSE: VZ) on Better Wireless Margins
- Sterne Agee Downgrades Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) to Neutral, PT to $8.50
- 07:45 a.m. ET - EUR Interest Rate Decision
- 08:15 - ADP Nonfarm Employment Change
- 08:30 - ECB Press Conference
- 08:30 - Initial Jobless Claims
- 10:00 - ISM Non-Manufacturing Index
- 11:00 - Crude Oil Inventories
- American Apparel (NYSE: AAP) June Comparable Store Sales up 19%
- The Wet Seal June (NASDAQ: WTSLA) Comparable Store Sales Down 9.0%; Affirms Second Quarter Guidance; to Conduct Capital Planning Review
- Precious metals are trading higher, with gold posting early gains of about 0.07%
- Energy futures are trading higher, with crude oil posting early gains of about 1.16%
- Natural Gas futures are trading 0.10% higher and copper is trading lower by about 0.10%
Technical Levels for Futures and Forex
|E-Mini S&P 500||1373||1370||1367||1364||1361|
|US Dollar Index||82.64||82.43||82.16||81.96||81.69|
Subscribe Click here to subscribe to this newsletter. Receive it daily to your inbox! </div>
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.