Afternoon Market Movers
- Gentiva Health Services (NASDAQ: GTIV) - 62% - trading at 13.83 upon last check after Kindred Healthcare (NYSE: KND) made a $533 million bid to acquire the company.
- Zendesk (NYSE: ZEN) - 44% - despite an IPO of $9 per share, the stock jumped as CEO Mikkel Svane is experiencing incredible growth and the revenues have increased 88 percent in one year.
- Synthetic Biologics (NYSE: SYN) - 18% - surged after the company released its first-quarter results showing a loss of $0.07 per share, in line with estimates. The company did not report any revenue.
- Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ: CLVS) - 13% - shares moved after the presentation of clincal data at ASCO.
- Skilled Healthcare (NYSE: SKH) - 12% - reported a trailing-twelve-month operating margin of 4.90 percent with sales for the same period of $842.30M
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ANTH) - 13% - Q1 EPS of $(0.39) beat estimated $(0.46). EPS were shown to be up 19 percent from the same quarter last year.
- Zixi (NASDAQ: ZIXI) - 11% - stocks increased after the announcement of designing Google Apps Message Encryption.
Related: Benzinga's Volume Movers
- Liquid Holdings (NASDAQ: LIQD) - 46% - shares fell after the company priced a follow-on offering of 32,000,000 shares at $1.25/share.
- VOXX (NASDAQ: VOXX) - 25% - shares plummeted after quarterly results showed an operating loss of $59.6M on a revenue drop of 10 percent; missing expectations.
- NQ Mobile (NYSE: NQ) - 28% - shares tumbled today to $7.56 due to a delay on 20-F filing.
- Sorrento Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SRNE) - 22% - after the company priced 4,765,000 shares at $5.25/share, the stock reached a new 52-week low of $5.10.
- Fonar (NASDAQ: FONR) - 22% - shares fell after reporting a Q3 EPS of $0.26, an increase of over 53 percent over 3Q13.
- Axicom (NASDAQ: ACXM) - 22% - stock price fell after it reported Q4 EPS of $0.24 beating estimate of $0.20.
- Doral Financial (NYSE: DRL) - 18% - stocks fell after news came in that the Puerto Rican government has no right to refund of overpaid taxes and news came that Triumph Bancorp would acquire Doral Healthcare.
© 2014 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.