My Top 10 List: E-Commerce Startups in L.A.
Below is my list of the Top 10 e-commerce startups based in Los Angeles. Over the next couple of weeks I will provide a closer look at each company.
- Beachmint - BeachMint is a social commerce company specializing in celebrity-curated direct-to-consumer products.
- JustFab – JustFab designs and sells its own brand of shoes, jewelry and handbags, and charges subscribers a flat $39.95 for each item.
- Nasty Gal - Nasty Gal is a global online destination for both new and vintage clothing, shoes, and accessories.
- The Honest Company - The Honest Company is a consumer products company that delivers non-toxic, eco-friendly diapers and biodegradable wipes, organic bath/skin care and green cleaning products. Co-Founded by Jessica Alba.
- Shoedazzle - ShoeDazzle offers personalized shoe, handbag and accessory recommendations chosen by a team of A-list stylists, including co-founder Kim Kardashian.
- Daily Look - DailyLook sells one new fashion look every day for under $100.
- Wittlebee - Wittlebee is a kids clothing club that creates custom packages for parents based on their child’s age, color preferences, geographic location and more.
- Dollar Shave Club - The Dollar Shave Club is a service that delivers fresh razors to your doorstep, monthly, for a fraction of the cost of the grocery-store equivalent.
- Shop-Hers - Shop-Hers is a socially-inspired, user-driven, e-commerce, marketplace where women sell and buy premium label, pre-owned clothing and accessories
- Little Black Bag - Social shopping and trading for designer handbags, jewelry, accessories, beauty and home decor
Eleventh Man Award: StyleHaul - StyleHaul is the largest original video content network on YouTube for fashion and beauty. Not quite e-commerce but relevant and interesting.
Twelth Man Award: Omaze - Omaze is not a traditional e-commerce/retail company, but it’s worth taking a look at. Omaze, in its simplest form, is an online raffle company. Omaze raises money and awareness for charitable initiatives by offering everyone the opportunity to win once in a lifetime experiences that can’t be bought
The following article is from one of our external contributors. It does not represent the opinion of Benzinga and has not been edited.
© 2014 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.