Chowdhry: BlackBerry Will Fail
Global Equities Research’s Trip Chowdhry said that BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ: BBRY) is likely to fail since it is missing the “3 critical elements for surviving.” The analyst enumerated these elements as:
- Lack of any anchor
- Absence of a developer ecosystem
- No App Store
Even BlackBerry’s attempts to shift to Mobile Security with the acquisition of a company like Good Technology Corp (NASDAQ: GDTC) would not “cut it,” Chowdhry commented. He explained that Security is an ongoing effort, and since BlackBerry didn’t own the platform, it would always “struggle to get wide adoption.”
No Hope For BlackBerry
Chowdhry added, “We don't see any hope for BBRY.” He commented that the company’s fundamentals were broken, and its Software strategy was heading for a failure, and recommended fundamental investors to avoid the stock.
The All-Important Developer Ecosystem
The analyst noted that the developer ecosystem of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) continued to strengthen, with signs of a switch from Android to Apple iOS.
Chowdhry mentioned these as the signs:
- iPhone, Apple Watch, and Apple TV were encouraging Android developers to switch to the Apple iOS platform.
- A switch from Java to Swift had started
- Developers are currently seeing about double the work on Apple iOS platform versus Google Android
- Apple iOS developers were making between $165 and $175 per hour, which is about 25-35 percent more than what they would be making on Android
- Android is losing momentum in the Enterprise
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.