16 Biotech Catalysts SunTrust Is Tracking
In a report published Monday, SunTrust Robinson Humphrey analysts mentioned the catalysts for Biotech stocks until the middle of this year. "Volatility could continue, given nervousness on strong NBI performance, negative headline news (e.g. biosimilar pricing), and FX concerns into the Q1/15 EPS report (likely a moot point if fundamental demand intact) - we note investors remain long the sector (innovation and M&A) and are willing to buy on pullbacks," the analysts said.
The catalysts through mid-2015 are:
1. Avalanche Biotechnologies, Inc (NASDAQ: AAVL) - Buy rated, PT at $60 - Presentation of baseline characteristics for patients in a Phase IIa study of AVA-101 in wet AMD at a spring conference, Phase IIa data by mid-15
2. Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc (NASDAQ: ALXN) - Buy rated, PT at $236 – Likely U.S. asfotase alfa approval in HPP in H1/15 in the U.S. and E.U., Priority Review granted on 03/02, ALXN1007 Phase II data in GI GvHD (broad 2015 guidance), Q1/15 EPS
3. Bellerophon Therapeutics LLC (NASDAQ: BLPH) Buy rated, PT at $23.00 - Top-line date readout from the CE Mark registration trial in mid-2015 for BCM in the prevention of cardiac remodeling and CHF after a severe AMI
4. bluebird bio, Inc (NASDAQ: BLUE) - Buy rated, PT $115 - Updates for LentiGlobin in beta-thal and sickle cell at EHA (Jun 11-14, Vienna, Austria), abstracts released online May 21, likely E.U. patients only
5. BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (NASDAQ: BMRN) - Buy rated, PT at $151 - Drisapersen completes rolling NDA submission in April '15, EMA submission Q2/15, BMN 111 for achondroplasia Phase I/II results by end of Q2/15
6. Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ: CELG) - Buy rated, PT at $141.00 - Ad hoc analyses of GED-301 data at DDW (May 16-19, Washington DC), outcome of an oral hearing in Germany on the polymorph E.U. patent for Revlimid (May 7), MM-020 Phase III trial of Revlimid in NDMM survival updates at ASCO (May 29 - Jun 2), meta-analysis of Revlimid data in follicular lymphoma correlating sustained CR with PFS at ASCO
7. Cempra, Inc (NASDAQ: CEMP) - Buy rated, PT at $33. Management to provide an update on the enrollment status of the Phase III solithromycin oralstep down trial in April '15
8. Synageva BioPharma Corp (NASDAQ: GEVA) Buy rated, PT at $117 - Kanuma potential approval for LAL-D, PDUFA 09/08/15
9. Incyte Corporation (NASDAQ: INCY) - Buy rated, PT at $93 - Preclinical data on novel targets at AACR (Apr 18-22, Philadelphia), baricitinib additional top-line Phase III results in RA, presentation of RA-BEACON results likely at EULAR (Jun 10-13, Rome, Italy), presentation of baricitinib Phase II data in diabetic nephropathy, potentially at ADA (Jun 5-9, Boston MA)
10. Otonomy, Inc (NASDAQ: OTIC) - Buy rated, PT at $47 - FDA to announce whether to accept AuriPro NDA submission for filing and to provide PDUFA date by end of April, Ph IIb top-line data readout for OTO-104 in treating Ménière's disease in 2Q15
11. Pharmacyclics Inc (NASDAQ: PCYC) - Neutral rated, PT at $261 - Preclinical data on Imbruvica+PD-1/PD-L1 at AACR, topline Phase III RESONATE-2 data in newly diagnosed elderly CLL patients (mid-15+)
12. Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc (NASDAQ: RARE) - Buy rated, PT of $82 - Interim KRN23 16-week data (phosphate levels and safety) from an ongoing Phase II study in pediatric XLH
13. Sage Therapeutics, Inc (NASDAQ: SAGE) - Buy rated, PT of $67 - Presentation of Phase I/II SAGE-547 data in SRSE at AAN and the Antiepileptic Drug and Device Trials XIII Conference (Miami, May 13-15); proof-of-concept data for 547 in essential tremor and post partum depression in mid-15
14. Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc (NASDAQ: SRPT) - Neutral rated, PT of $14. - 4th biopsy data from patients in Study 201/202 for eteplirsen in DMD, initiation of the placebocontrolled trial of SRP-4053 and SRP-4045, and possible NDA submission for eteplirsen in mid-15
15. Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals, Inc (NASDAQ: TTPH) - Buy rated, PT of $48 - Top-line data read-out of the Phase III IGNITE 2 study for eravacyline for the treatment of cUTI in mid-2015
16. Vital Therapies, Inc (NASDAQ: VTL) - Buy rated, PT of $50 - Poster presentation of participant baseline characteristics in the VTI-208 Phase III study (Apr 23), ELAD Phase III results from the VTI-208 study in AILD, in Q3/15.
Image credit: Public Domain
Latest Ratings for AAVL
|Mar 2016||Chardan Capital||Maintains||Buy|
|Jun 2015||Chardan Capital||Upgrades||Sell||Neutral|
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.