Apple Event: What Some Of Wall Street's Best Expect On March 9
In a note on Tuesday, Oppenheimer commented on the March 9 Press Event for Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL).
In particular, analysts mention Apple has not had a March press event since it introduced the New iPad in March 2012. Due to the proximity to release of the Watch in April, they expect this event to be mostly dedicated to revealing more details on the Watch, among other ecosystem updates.
Oppenheimer adds that since Apple already unveiled the Watch in last September's press event, it expects the upcoming event to focus on specifics, including:
- "Sales: pricing for each collection (Apple Watch, Apple Watch Edition, Apple Watch Sport) and watch accessories, shipping dates in different regions, adjustments in Apple Stores to accommodate the Watch sales"
- "iOS / App: third-party apps built on WatchKit that showcase the Watch's full range of capabilities: fitness tracking, interaction with smart home and smart car"
- "Products, commercial applications, and information security; new ways to interact with iOS devices (as remote and camera viewfinder); other expanded functions"
- "Watch-to-Watch communication...Apple Pay, new input methods"
- "Hardware: battery life, CPU speed, memory and storage size, detail on sensors, NFC capabilities"
They also believe Apple will update MacBook Air and Apple TV:
- "New MacBook Air: we believe MacBook Air, rather than iPad, is due an update. MacBook Air had its last update in June 2013. We believe a refreshed MacBook"
- "Apple TV: the last Apple TV (3rd gen) was introduced in early 2013, we expect a refreshed Apple TV with slimmer design, faster CPU, larger memory, more online"
- "Services (possibly gaming), support for 4K content, and expanded features that allow interaction with the Watch"
Oppenheimer also includes a final tidbit: Investors should expect an integration between iTunes and Beats.
Latest Ratings for AAPL
|Oct 2016||Goldman Sachs||Maintains||Buy|
|Oct 2016||Credit Suisse||Maintains||Outperform|
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.