Agricultural Films Global Market By Application (Green House, Mulching, Silage) Growth, Trends and Forecasts By 2020
Global market for agricultural films is expected to reach USD 10.5 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing population and decreasing area of land available for agricultural purpose are expected to remain key driving factors for the market. Government regulations regarding use of plastic materials and impact of plastic on nature are expected to slow down the market growth.
Mulching emerged as a leading application segment and accounted for 44.3% of total market volume in 2013. It was closely followed by green house, which is also expected to be fastest growing application market, growing at an estimated CAGR of 6.1% from 2014 to 2020. Silage has been relatively nascent application segment and is also expected to grow at relatively sluggish rate.
The report “Agricultural Films Market Analysis By Application (Green House, Mulching, Silage), By Raw Material (LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, EVA, Reclaims) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers.
Browse Full Report With TOC @
Further key findings from the study suggest:
• Global market for agricultural films was 4,651.7 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected reach 6,935.7 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2014 to 2020. Use of agricultural films in green house segment was highest revenue generator in 2013 and was closely followed by mulching.
• Linear Low Density Polyethylene was most dominating raw material for agricultural films segment and accounted for 55.3% of total market volume in 2013. LLDPE is also expected to be the fastest growing raw material segment, expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2014 to 2020 and is expected to contribute over 50% of total revenues from agricultural films market in 2020.
• EVA/EBA is a promising raw material segment for agricultural films market, presently contributing to less than 5% of total market volume in 2013; it is expected to see significant gains over the next six years.
• China retained its maximum share in total volume of agricultural films market and accounted for 61.7% of total market volume in 2013. China is also expected to be the fastest growing market, expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2014 to 2020.
• Global market for Agricultural films is fragmented within many companies including BP industries, Trioplast, ExxonMobil, Armando Alvarez, Group Barbier, Ab Rani Plast Oy, Britton Group, Novamont, BASF, Kuraray and many others. BP industries holds maximum individual market share which accounted for 6.5% of total market share for agricultural films in 2013. Innovations such as biodegradable agricultural films are expected to fuel market growth.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the Agricultural Films market on the basis of application and region:
• Global Agricultural Films Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Green House
• Global Agricultural FilmsRaw Material Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
• Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
• High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
• Ethyl Vinyl Acetate (EVA)/Ethylene Butyl Acrylate (EBA)
• Agricultural Films Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Central & South America
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Middle East & Africa
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
The following article is from one of our external contributors. It does not represent the opinion of Benzinga and has not been edited.