Reasons for a Failing Fuel Pump in Your Car
In every vehicle, the fuel pump initiates pressure in fuel lines, which helps the gas to get into the engine. Without the help of a fuel pump, the car engine dies completely.
If you are facing the same problem with your car engine, you should immediately consult an expert motor mechanic, before your car engine stop working completely.
1. Is your engine causing your car to Jerk on high speed? -You must observe, if your car is having jerks when you are driving fast, it might be the result of less fuel pressure. Take your vehicle to the nearest garage to replace the damaged parts.
2. Are you losing engine power while you accelerate? -Acceleration makes a higher demand of fuel in the fuel pumps, as a result the fuel pressure increases. But if the engine isn’t working properly, how would it manage the fuel pressure? As a result, your car will lose power when you will accelerate it.
3. Is your car losing power while climbing a hill? -If your car suddenly stops while driving on a hill, the reason must be a faulty fuel pump. How would you expect the engine to function properly, when the pressure pump has weakened? Take your vehicle to a workshop and get it checked completely.
4. Is your car going forward without your help? -Sometimes, you might experience that the car is moving forward as if you have depressed the fuel pedal. You might blame it on the car’s fuel filter, but this isn’t the case. It is due to the fuel pressure, as the pump can’t intake enough electricity to make the fuel pressure steady.
5. Is the engine of your car refusing to start? -One of the dangerous indications of a failing fuel pump is that the car engine refuses to start again. In this situation, the engine must be replaced in order to make the car work again. It might cost you even more than your car’s worth.
If you want to avoid spending too much money on your vehicle, make sure that you take it to a car mechanic regularly. Get the small damages fixed before they convert into big ones and cost you a fortune. If you will locate the minor problems in your car engine, you will be able to save the engine. The car mechanic might not cost you that much than the car engine, if it completely fails to work.
You should pay attention to the minor details of the sounds and indications your vehicle is giving. The car pumps are one of the costly car parts, so you should take care of them before it’s too late and you start thinking about ‘how much is my car worth to sell’.
The following article is from one of our external contributors. It does not represent the opinion of Benzinga and has not been edited.