For those who are extremely overweight, they know how impossible it is to lose weight. Keeping their weight and hunger under control is what makes weight loss an arduous task. However, a Gastric sleeve makes losing weight and keeping it off an easy http://certifiedbariatricsurgeons.com/about-2/surgical-team/leading-surgeon/
Gastric sleeve surgery is where the size of your stomach is reduced to between 20 and 30 percent. This is done without the need to insert anything into the body and without hampering the body’s natural digestive process.
A Gastric sleeve is not something that anyone can have. Certain criterion has to be met before gastric sleeve surgery is performed. In order to receive gastric sleeve surgery, you must
- Be extremely overweight or morbidly obese
- Have a body mass index of 35 or higher
- Be ineligible for other weight loss procedures that carry a higher operative risk
- Suffer moderate to severe health problems due to your weight and be a little less than one
- hundred pounds over the ideal body weight(for your age and ethnicity)
- Be at least one hundred pounds over the ideal body weight (for your age and ethnicity)
If you become eligible for gastric sleeve in Mexico surgery, you are a very lucky person. You are entitled to the many benefits that come with a gastric sleeve. Some of the benefits include:
- Considering that your stomach size is reduced, you lose weight almost immediately. You will then lose up to 60% in the next 12 months and approximately 80% in 2 years.
- Since ghrelin will no longer be produced, you will never feel hungry again.
- With the reduction in hunger and the immediate weight loss, you will lose 80% of your extra weight within 2 years.
- Surgical pain is minimized due to the small incisions used.
As with all surgeries, gastric sleeve surgery requires a degree of post-operative care. This ensures that maximum results are obtained and a healthy recovery is achieved. After undergoing gastric sleeve surgery, patients will need to stay at least 2 days in the hospital. In the initial 14 days after surgery, weight loss patients will be put on a liquid diet and will be progressively brought back to solid food. This progression will range between one and two and a half months.
Gastric sleeve surgery is an amazing procedure that can help you reduce over 80% of your excess weight within 2 years. With minimal scarring and a plethora of benefits, gastric sleeve surgery is a great way to lose weight.
The following article is from one of our external contributors. It does not represent the opinion of Benzinga and has not been edited.