FREE Trial with Benzinga Pro happening right now!
Struggling to learn a new language? You can take an online course to discover tips and strategies that will help you acquire any language faster without getting overwhelmed.
Let Benzinga help you find an option that fits your needs, budget and busy lifestyle.
Quick Look: Best Language Courses
Here's a glimpse at Benzinga’s top picks:
- Language Learning for Absolute Beginners by Udemy
- Fluent. Simple. How to Learn Foreign Languages Fast by Udemy
- How to Successfully Learn a New Language by Skillshare
- Rapid Language Learning: Unleash Your Inner Polyglot by Udemy
- Complete Course – How to Learn English or Any Language on Your Own Using the Internet by Skillshare
- Learning How to Learn a Language by Udemy
- Your Guide to Learning Another Language Using Free Resources by Udemy
- How to Learn and Memorize Any Language, Learn Techniques and Strategies to Master Any Language by Skillshare
- Language Hacking: How to Learn a New Language as an Adult by Udemy
What Makes a Language Course Great?
Wondering how to decide which language courses are worth your time and money? Here are some factors to consider as you evaluate your options to find a good fit.
You want a course that includes video lectures on the fundamentals of language learning. It’s equally essential that the instructor provide assignments to help you sharpen your foreign language skills in a practice setting until you achieve your desired level of fluency.
It’s unnecessary to invest a ton of money to learn a foreign language. With so many low-cost options to choose from, you shouldn’t have trouble finding a course that comfortably fits your budget. Strapped for cash? Start with a free class and move on to paid offerings as your budget permits.
The best language courses allow you to work at your own pace. This ensures you will not feel rushed through the lessons and get the most from your online learning experience.
Our Top Picks
We’ve scoured the web to compile a list of the best language courses from Skillshare and Udemy. There’s also a description and price point included with each option to help you make an informed decision.
Best Language Courses
Here are the best online language courses:
1. Language Learning for Absolute Beginners by Udemy
Price: On sale
Language Learning for Absolute Beginners is designed to help you master any language and communicate with confidence.
Led by educational consultant Gabriel Silva, this course includes 8 modules:
- Introduction and Key Principles
- What Do You Need to Succeed? Language Learning Resources
- Making a Plan and Getting Started
- How to Focus on What You Need to Say
- Learning Vocabulary and Tools for Effective Learning
- How to Learn Grammar
For a limited time only, you can access the course at a steeply discounted rate. Enroll today to unlock 2 hours of on-demand video and 2 downloadable resources. You will also receive a certificate of completion when you finish the class.
2. Fluent. Simple. How to Learn Foreign Languages Fast by Udemy
Price: On sale
Strapped for time but want to learn a new language fast? Look no further than this introductory course from Udemy. It features 31 video lectures that walk you through what it takes to quickly master any foreign language from scratch.
Fluent. Simple. How to Learn Foreign Languages Fast is facilitated by Italian teacher and polyglot Stefano Lodola. He categorizes the lessons as follows:
- Language Coaching
- Why Are You Here?
- Why Do You Want to Learn a Language?
- How to Learn a Language
- Draft Your Study Plan
When you enroll, you will get full lifetime access to 1 hour of on-demand video and a series of assignments to complete.
Prepare to spend at least 1 hour per week working through the course materials.
3. How to Successfully Learn a New Language by Skillshare
In less than 30 minutes, this course introduces you to a proven strategy to learn any foreign language with ease. Instruction is provided by seasoned English and Spanish language teacher Nadia Wilde.
She shares tactics used to help her students learn the language faster while teaching in the classroom. You will also learn about goal-setting, productivity and self-evaluation tools you can use to stay on track and meet critical milestones while studying to learn a foreign language.
How to Successfully Learn a New Language consists of 6 lessons:
- Class Introduction
- Motivation: Finding Your Why
- Common Roadblocks
- Learning Tips
- Making an Action Plan
- Final Words of Encouragement
It’s free to enroll.
4. Rapid Language Learning: Unleash Your Inner Polyglot by Udemy
Price: On sale
Rapid Language Learning: Unleash Your Inner Polyglot is ideal for individuals who want to learn a foreign language fast. This highly rated class includes 1.5 hours of on-demand video and 4 downloadable resources that will help you achieve conversational fluency for work, business or pleasure in just 6 months.
Highly-rated Udemy instructor Chris Martins divides the course into 2 segments:
- How to Approach Language Learning to Create Rapid Positive Momentum
- Week by Week System
You will learn how to memorize vocabulary quickly, identify core structures you should focus on to master any language and decide which information can be skipped. Ultimately, you will walk away with the knowledge needed to begin your language learning journey with confidence.
For a limited time only, you can get the course for over 75% off the enrollment fee. Get access to the course materials right now by enrolling today.
5. Complete Course – How to Learn English or Any Language on Your Own Using the Internet by Skillshare
If you want to learn a new language but are strapped for cash, this is the perfect course for you. Instructor Wilfredo Barrios will show you how to pull it off by using free resources on the Internet.
He begins by helping you decide why it’s important to learn the language, followed by a lesson on the skills that experts use to learn languages faster. You will also learn how to develop a unique learning method and identify basic and advanced resources to support you on your journey.
It’s free to get started with a Skillshare trial and you will receive 63 lessons that span a little under 3.5 hours.
6. Learning How to Learn a Language by Udemy
Price: On sale
This offering from Udemy is another viable option if you want to overcome the struggles that you may face when trying to learn a new language. It delves into the science behind the human brain and common pitfalls language learners face so you can overcome these challenges. You will also discover 5 keys to learning a language so you can succeed this time around.
Learning How to Learn a Language entails these modules:
- Before You Begin
- An Active Task Approach: The Explorer
- Language Learner Awareness: The Scientist
- Language Learner Flexibility: The Sensei
- Focus on Form: The Scholar
- Focus on Meaning: The Friend
Sign up to get full lifetime access to 3.5 hours of on-demand video lectures and a series of assignments to complete as you progress through the course. You will also receive a certificate of completion when you reach the finish line.
The course is co-facilitated by Arizona State University Professor Shane Dixon and Educational Technologist Justin Shewell.
7. Your Guide to Learning Another Language Using Free Resources by Udemy
Price: On sale
English and Spanish teacher Nikki Joslin brings you this valuable course on language learning. It is ideal if you want to develop a personalized language learning methodology and study plan. You will also learn how to apply motivation and time management techniques to your journey to get results faster.
Your Guide to Learning Another Language Using Free Resources includes 8 core modules:
- Start Here
- Language Learning and Course Introduction
- Personalize Your Language Learning Methodology
- Free and Cheap Language Learning Resources
- Creating Your Study Plan
- Manage Your Precious Time Wisely
- Get Motivated and Stay That Way!
- Language and Culture – An Enriching Partnership
When you register, you will get instant access to 1 hour of on-demand video and 4 downloadable resources. Plus, the course comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re unsatisfied for any reason.
8. How to Learn and Memorize Any Language, Learn Techniques and Strategies to Master Any Language by Skillshare
How to Learn and Memorize Any Language, Learn Techniques and Strategies to Master Any Language also introduces you to techniques you can use to learn a new language quickly if you’re on a tight budget.
Instructor George Hadzic presents the vital concepts in these detailed lessons:
- Are You a Part of Our Huge Group?
- Do You Hear That Sound?
- Secret Way to Deal with Pronunciation
- What Is More Simple Than English Spelling?
- How to Link a New Word To Its Meaning
- That Interesting Grammar
- How to Begin with Any Language
- Do You Know the Family Members
- How to Make Sense of the Words
- How to Find the Pattern of Language
- Still On the Rules
- Before You Continue
- What to Do When You Stop Having Progress
- How to Conquer Any Language
You will receive detailed instructions to help you start holding conversations with your target language sooner than later. Plus, there’s guidance on reaching fluency in just a few months and passing yourself off as a native speaker.
There’s no cost to enroll.
9. Language Hacking: How to Learn a New Language as an Adult by Udemy
Price: On sale
Join over 4,000 students who have selected this course to learn how to master any foreign language. Entrepreneur and translator Robert G. shares a proven strategy to help you study and fully grasp the material at any age without getting overwhelmed.
Here’s a quick look at the Language Hacking: How to Learn a New Language as an Adult syllabus:
- Getting Started: Language Learning Components
- Set Up Your Schedule
- App Mania
- Your Mistakes
- Some Theory: Language Structure
- Things to Keep in Mind
- Lesser-Known Languages
- Tips and Tricks
- Maintaining Your Language
- My Learning Method
The enrollment fee includes full lifetime access to 3 hours of on-demand video and 3 downloadable resources to ensure you get the most from your online learning experience.
Find the Best Language Course for You
Don’t put off your goal of learning a foreign language any longer. Check out a course from our list of recommendations to discover proven strategies to help you become fluent in your language of choice without spending months in the classroom or investing in expensive online software.
Southern New Hampshire University Online
SNHU Online Offers:
- Flexible schedules
- Affordable tuition
- Online tutoring
- Access to electronic research materials
- Specialized academic advising
- Supportive online community