Benjamin Graham was a successful professor, investor, and economist. His two founding texts on neoclassical investing earned him the title “the father of value investing." We'll show you some of the best Benjamin Graham books that can help you advance your financial situation.
Quick Look: The Best Benjamin Graham Books
- Security Analysis - Buy it now
- The Intelligent Investor- Buy it now
- Benjamin Graham on Investing: Enduring Lessons from the Father of Value Investing - Buy it now
- The Interpretation of Financial Statements - Buy it now
- The Intelligent Forex Investor: World Currency and World Commodities - Buy it now
- Storage and Stability: A Modern Ever-Normal Granary - Buy it now
- Currency Market: Money as Pure Commodity - Buy it now
Upon graduating from Columbia University, at the age of 20, Graham started his journey in the world of business. His career started on Wall Street where he enriched his experience and went on to ply his trade in the investment firm Graham-Newman Partnership.
Graham also wrote for The Magazine of Wall Street. Some of his books include articles that he wrote for the magazine.
If you want to advance your money strategy, learn more about stock market, and how to invest smart and start your own business, all toward the goal of becoming financially secure, there are few better ways than learning from one of the best ever in this area.
What to Look for in a Benjamin Graham Book
In most of Graham’s books, his career and Wall Street experience are highlighted and presented as examples that you can learn from.
The following books provide deep insight into the overall financial world, which includes everything from understanding the basics of finance to learning how to maximize your investments. Some of his books require familiarity with financial and investment terms.
Every book on our list is available on Amazon.
It’s About Something You Care About
What’s important here is to carefully choose the book that you want to purchase. Your ideal book should be about something that you genuinely care about and want to advance in.
Luckily, we have done the research so that you don't have to. You’ll find everything you need to know short of actually reading the book, such as who the book is for and what it's generally about. Choose a book or book with your goals in mind and your current level of financial knowledge.
Has Actionable Ideas
Some of Graham’s books have been used by educational institutions because of their clarity and actionable information that isn’t hard to understand. It also helps that value investing is one of the few investment strategies that have proven to work over the long term.
With that said, both beginner and even more advanced investors have much to learn from Graham’s books. They’re interesting reads even if you’re not looking to invest or have your own financial planner.
Our Top Picks
The following books have been carefully chosen by their topics, presentation and overall popularity, so you can rest assured that these books are full of valuable information regarding investing and financial markets.
- Who’s it for? The book is for investors, including the professionally trained ones, as it delves into basic and advanced analyses of stocks and public companies.
- Price: $44.45 for hardcover or you can listen for free with an Audible trial - Try it now
The book was published way back in 1934, but its information is relevant to this day. Actually, the book’s sixth edition has been improved with 200 additional pages which contain commentary from some of today’s top Wall Street money managers. This book is often regarded as Graham's best work remains at the top of the ladder in this topic.
The Intelligent Investor
- Who’s it for? This book is for both wannabe and current investors.
- Price: $15.38 for Kindle, $25.99 for hardcover or you can listen for free with an Audible trial - Try it now
In The Intelligent Investor, Graham’s goal is to prevent investors from potentially making substantial errors as well as teach them different strategies that can help them achieve their long-term investment goals.
This book includes some of the most important concepts that can be used for interpreting the latest financial reports. All of these concepts are written and explained in a way that everyone can understand and apply what they have learned.
Benjamin Graham on Investing: Enduring Lessons from the Father of Value Investing
- Who’s it for? This book is written for anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of publicly traded companies with an emphasis on the balance sheet.
- Price: $21.72 for Kindle, $23.32 for hardcover or you can listen for free with an Audible trial - Try it now
Most concepts found in this book are still useful in today’s investment and financial climate. However, since it was written in a different era, some of the concepts might be harder to understand or not applicable nowadays.
Benjamin wrote Benjamin Graham on Investing: Enduring Lessons from the Father of Value Investing with the help of Rodney G. Klein (a Wall Street historian and Graham’s former student) and David M. Darst (a managing director of Morgan Stanley).
The Interpretation of Financial Statements
- Who’s it for? This brief book is for anyone who wants to learn how to analyze financial statements, which includes understanding financial positions, earning records, balance sheet, etc.
- Price: $19.16 for hardcover or you can listen for free with an Audible trial - Try it now
This book is considered very practical and accessible. Also, it is an excellent companion to the previously mentioned The Intelligent Investor as the only to find value in stocks is to read and understand financial statements, not just for the current year but the changes year to year.
Although The Interpretation of Financial Statements was written quite some time ago, readers can apply its advice today and improve their financial status.
The Intelligent Forex Investor: World Currency and World Commodities
- Who’s it for? The book is ideal for readers who have some basic currency and mercantile exchange knowledge, though beginners can start with this book
- Price: $30.43 for paperback or you can listen for free with an Audible trial - Try it now
In The Intelligent Forex Investor: World Currency and World Commodities, Graham explained how commodities are traded and why they play a critical role in a given country’s economic policy. You can learn much about price stability, protective stockpiles, foreign-exchange stability, etc.
Also, throughout The Intelligent Forex Investor, Graham shows his readers how the economic world can best apply commodity trading and achieve a balanced expansion of the world's consumption of useful goods.
Storage and Stability: A Modern Ever-Normal Granary
- Who’s it for? This book is excellent for readers who want to raise their knowledge of economics.
- Price: $6.85 for hardcover, or you can listen for free with an Audible trial - Try it now
Storage and Stability: A Modern Ever-Normal Granaryis actually a series of reprints of several of Graham's early writings. In this series, you can learn about the importance of supply, production and consumption and their effect on investing.
Most of the information in this book is based on Graham’s take on supply and demand and all the above.
Currency Market: Money as Pure Commodity
- Who’s it for? This book is suitable for all readers who have an interest in forex and commodity trading.
- Price: $9.99 for paperback, or you can listen for free with an Audible trial - Try it now
In Currency Market: Money as Pure Commodity, Graham gives a brief overview of the historical relationship between money and commodities such as gold and silver.
The book also includes the author's view on fiat money and commodity prices and how they are reciprocally beneficial to the economy.
In the modern world, it isn’t that hard to learn the basics of financial markets and apply the knowledge in real life, especially with books written by successful investors such as Benjamin Graham.
Our top Benjamin Graham books are not only excellent for those who want to start their investment journeys but experienced investors and businessmen as well. If you want to learn more about Graham's life, childhood, his journey, and work experience, we advise you to check his autobiography The Memoirs of the Dean of Wall Street.