Einhorn's Investor Letter Leaks, Sends Multiple Shares to Session Highs
David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital Investor Letter leaked, here's the breakdown:
- Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT)
The letter contained this note: "Windows 8 appears to be a flop, and a decade of mismanagement has put Microsoft at risk of becoming a shrinking company"
- JC Penney (NYSE: JCP) - Reuters reports David Einhorn covered short in JC Penney
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS)
- Aruba Networks (NASDAQ: ARUN)
- Boston Properties (NYSE: BXP)
- Essex Property Trust (NYSE: ESS)
- Greenhill & Co. (NYSE: GHL)
- ING (NYSE: VOYA)
- Adds Greek banks Alpha Bank and Piraeus as Longs
Longest positions held at end of 2Q:
Shares of JCP, VOYA, BXP, ESS, and DKS climbed to session highs as details of the letter were released.
Einhorn's Greenlight Capital returned 2.1% for 2Q and has seen a 7.1% gain YTD.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.