Economic Outlook For The Week of January 20: How To Trade With Binary Options
Monday, January 20 is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, most markets are closed. Liquidity will be lighter on those that are open so trade with caution or better yet enjoy the day off. Consider the risk of holding a position into the weekend with the additional day of the market being closed.
Sunday, January 26: Australian Bank Holiday - LIquidity will be lighter on AUD forex pairs which can lead to odd volatility
Major Index Moving Earnings Announcements:
- January 21: Verizon (NYSE: VZ): Estimated Wire Release Time 7:25 AM ET (In the Dow Jones 30 Index)
- January 21: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ): Estimated Wire Release Time 7:45 AM ET (In the Dow Jones 30 Index)
- January 21: IBM (NYSE: IBM): Estimated Wire Release Time 4:10 PM ET (In the Dow Jones 30 Index)
- January 22: United Technologies (NYSE: UTX): Estimated Wire Release Time 6:30 AM ET (In the Dow Jones 30 Index)
- January 23: Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG): Estimated Wire Release Time 7:00 AM ET (In the Dow Jones 30 Index)
- January 23: McDonald's (NYSE: MCD): Estimated Wire Release Time 8:00 AM ET (In the Dow Jones 30 Index)
- January 23: Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT): Estimated Wire Release Time 4:05 PM ET (In the Dow Jones 30 Index & The Nasdaq 100)
(Note: There are multiple earnings announcements the ones listed here are heavily weighted in either the Dow Jones 30 or the Nasdaq 100 Indices/ETF/Futures)
(Note: the press conference posted on many sites is not the same as the wire release time which is usually sooner than the press conference.)
- Be Aware Of These Events:
- January 22-25 will the the WEF (World Economic Forum) where 90+ countries have meetings that are mostly open to the press. The meeting involves prime ministers, trade ministers, business leaders, and central bankers. Comments coming out of the event released to the press can cause unforeseen volatility.
Major Government Economic News:
- January 21: 7:30 PM ET AUD CPI - AUD/USD: Usual move 50 pips high to low 2 hours after release
- January 22: 10:00 AM ET CAD Rate Statement - USD/CAD - Usual move 85 pips high to low 2 hours after release
- (Note: There are multiple government economic news events. The ones highlighted here are the ones that have a consistent impact on the market specified.)
TIP: Don't try to pick market direction. Use the information above to help you determine if there is a good binary strangle or spread straddle you can trade on the Nadex Exchange. This will allow you to potentially profit if the market moves far enough in either an up or down direction.
To see examples of trading the news on Nadex binaries see these articles posted on Benzinga, click here.
Nadex is a US-based CFTC regulated binary exchange (the CFTC is who regulates the CME etc.). On Nadex binaries, the markets are open from as early as 6:00 pm ET to as late as 5:00 pm the next day, giving the ability to trade day and/or night on intraday, daily and weekly contracts. Traders can trade binaries on forex, US and international stock index futures, and commodities like gold and oil.
If you would like to learn more about trading Nadex binaries check out this 16 video course absolutely for free on Marketfy.
To see examples of trading on Nadex binaries and spreads, see these articles posted on Benzinga, click here.
To learn more about how to trade binary options and for indepth binary trading strategies, tools and trade rooms visit Apex Investing which is a service provided by Darrell Martin. You can find it at ApexInvesting.com
© 2015 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.