6 People You Need To Know In Fintech
Banking Disrupted, a Fintech conference held in Silicon Valley earlier last month, highlighted some of the brightest up and coming minds working to change the financial industry.
Banks, VCs and startups were all in attendance to discuss the future of banking and how fintech startups are disrupting the landscape of the industry. Within the last four years, venture capital investment in fintech has grown over 600 percent. The number is expected to reach $40 billion in 2016.
With over 12,000 fintech startups currently, the excitement surrounding the vast potential these new companies can have on the future of finance is just being realized.
6 People You Need To Know
1. Valeriy Galitskiy @galitskiy : Head of fintech at the Silicon Valley Innovation Center. SVIC organized Banking Disrupted in Palo Alto in September. The SVIC's mission is to bridge Silicon Valley with the rest of the world.
2. Luvleen Sidhu @Bankmobile: Daughter of Customers Bancorp Inc (NYSE: CUBI) CEO Jay Sidhu, L. Sidhu has extensive banking industry knowledge. She is the co-founder of Bank Mobile, a subsidiary of Customers Bank, America's first fee free bank that aims to help the underbanked, millennials and middle-income Americans.
3. Huey Lin @Affirm: Lin is the chief operating officer of fintech startup Affirm, a startup founded by Paypal Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: PYPL) Co-Founder Max Levchin. Affirm allows users to buy items that they want and pay for them over time in a way that matches their monthly budget. Lin oversees daily operations of Affirm, which has received $320 million in funding to date.
4. John Rampton @johnrampton: Rampton is the founder and CEO of Fintech Due, which provides cloud accounting software and online invoicing servings to small businesses. With over 1.1 million Twitter followers, Rampton was recently named No. 2 on a list of "Top 50 Online Influencers in the World" by Entrepreneur Magazine. For more information check out Due.com.
5. Sonny Singh @bitpay: Singh is one of the leading fintech operators in Silicon Valley at the moment. He is the chief compliance officer of Bitpay, the largest processor of bitcoin in the world.
6. Christopher Vincent Hussain @realkeyinc: Hussain was the No. 1 mortgage originator in the United States in 2010 and 2011. His startup Realkey looks to disrupt Zillow Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: Z) and Redfin by streamlining everyone involved in the home buying process into a single, unified portal.
Do you have ideas for articles/interviews you'd like to see more of on Benzinga? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your best article ideas. One person will be randomly selected to win a $20 Amazon gift card!
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.