The Massive Morgan Stanley Note Moving LinkedIn
A new, massive 30-plus page report issued by Morgan Stanley has sent LinkedIn Corp (NYSE: LNKD) up almost 2 percent on Thursday. The firm initiated the stock with an Over-Weight rating and a $310 price target.
According to the report, LinkedIn's "earnings power is still under appreciated."
- Analysts see LinkedIn's platform monetization continuing to improve, "leading to faster-than-expected top-line growth and margin expansion."
- Talent Solutions still has a long runway of customer and revenue growth ahead. The analysts add: "32% of large US enterprises are still not paying LinkedIn customers and only 9% of 87,000 US SMBs are on the platform."
- LinkedIn is "the Facebook for professionals. LinkedIn's industry-leading engagement, improving ad unit offerings, targeting and pricing (ROI-based CPCs) position it to become the FB for advertisers seeking to reach professionals. This will drive 26% forward Marketing Solutions growth over the next four years."
- Talent Solutions has a long runway ahead, even in spite of its already high penetration levels in certain industries.
- Marketing Solutions is poised to become the Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB) for professionals and B2B advertising.
- Sales Navigator is "the next monetization seed addressing 825mn sales professionals (2018E)."
- Faster than expected revenue and EBITDA growth from Talent Solutions and Marketing Solutions.
- "Better than expected user growth and engagement, which will drive Marketing Solutions monetization higher."
- Evidence of Sales Navigator acquiring traction.
Risks To Achieving Price Target
- Keeping the Wall Street earnings beats going is never easy.
- "Materially slower than expected Talent Solutions customer growth could call into question the addressable market."
- "Execution risk of multiple new investments, including Marketing Solutions, Sales Navigator, and China."
Image credit: Ben Scholzen, Flickr
Latest Ratings for LNKD
|Jun 2016||RBC Capital||Downgrades||Outperform||Sector Perform|
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.