The Dow Jones closed lower, also recording losses for the week. When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: Bridgeline Digital, Inc. BLIN President and CEO Roger E Kahn bought a total of 29,117 shares at an average price of $1.08. To acquire these shares, it cost around $31.46 thousand.
- What’s Happening: Bridgeline Digital posted a profit for the first quarter.
- What Bridgeline Digital Does: Bridgeline Digital Inc is a developer of web application management software and web applications to maximize the performance of critical websites, intranets, and online stores.
- The Trade: Vicarious Surgical Inc. RBOT Director Philip Liang acquired a total 37,100 shares at an average price of $2.50. The insider spent around $92.62 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: Vicarious Surgical posted a narrower-than-expected quarterly loss.
- What Vicarious Surgical Does: Vicarious Surgical Inc designs a surgical robot that enables surgeons to perform minimally invasive surgery with 3D visualization and accurate control.
Check This Out: Top 5 Energy Stocks That Could Blast Off In March
- The Trade: ThredUp Inc. TDUP Chief Legal Officer Alon Rotem acquired a total of 3,000 shares at an average price of $2.32. To acquire these shares, it cost around $6.95 thousand.
- What’s Happening: ThredUp reported better-than-expected Q4 sales and issued strong Q1 guidance.
- What ThredUp Does: ThredUp Inc is an online resale platform for women and kids apparel, shoes, and accessories. It generates revenue from items that are sold to buyers through the website, mobile app, and RaaS partners.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Posted In: Long IdeasNewsPenny StocksInsider TradesPre-Market OutlookMarketsTrading IdeasInsider Buying