The Dow Jones jumped by more than 1% on Friday. When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
Franklin Street Properties
- The Trade: Franklin Street Properties Corp FSP Director Brian N Hansen r bought a total of 100,000 shares at an average price of $2.37. To acquire these shares, it cost around $236.81 thousand.
- What’s Happening: The company posted better-than-expected quarterly sales.
- What Franklin Street Properties Does: Franklin Street Properties Corp is a real estate investment trust. The company is focused on commercial real estate investments in office markets.
- The Trade: Vicarious Surgical Inc RBOT Director Philip Liang acquired a total 30,000 shares at an average price of $2.60. The insider spent around $77.95 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: Vicarious Surgical posted a narrower-than-expected quarterly loss.
- What Vicarious Surgical Does: Vicarious Surgical Inc designs a surgical robot that enables surgeons to perform minimally invasive surgery with 3D visualization and accurate control.
Check This Out: Top 5 Real Estate Stocks That Are Set To Fly In March
Gran Tierra Energy
- The Trade: Gran Tierra Energy Inc GTE President and CEO Gary Guidry acquired a total of 150,000 shares at an average price of $0.86. To acquire these shares, it cost around $129 thousand.
- What’s Happening: Gran Tierra Energy posted downbeat quarterly sales.
- What Gran Tierra Energy Does: Gran Tierra Energy Inc is an independent energy company. It is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of oil and gas properties.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Posted In: Long IdeasNewsPenny StocksSmall CapInsider TradesPre-Market OutlookMarketsTrading IdeasPenny Stocks Insiders Buying