US crude oil futures traded higher on Friday. Investors, meanwhile, focused on some notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.3
Great Elm Group
- The Trade: Great Elm Group, Inc. GEG 10% owner BC Advisors LLC bought a total of 21,493 shares at an average price of $2.00. To acquire these shares, it cost around $42.96 thousand.
- What’s Happening: Great Elm Group, last month, posted Q4 sales of $18.10 million.
- What Great Elm Group Does: Great Elm Group Inc operates as a holding company. The company operates in two business lines including durable medical equipment and investment management.
- The Trade: OPKO Health, Inc. OPK 10% owner Frost Gamma Investments Trust acquired a total of 100,000 shares at an average price of $1.72. The insider spent around $172.07 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: OPKO Health, during August, posted a Q2 loss of $0.14 per share.
- What OPKO Health Does: OPKO Health Inc is a diversified biotechnology company that operates pharmaceutical and diagnostic development programs.
Medalist Diversified REIT
- The Trade: Medalist Diversified REIT, Inc. MDRR 10% owner Susan Finley acquired a total of 50,000 shares at an average price of $0.82. To acquire these shares, it cost around $41 thousand.
- What’s Happening: Medalist Diversified REIT recently announced a cash dividend of $0.01 per share on its common stock and $0.50 per share on its Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock.
- What Medalist Diversified REIT Does: Medalist Diversified REIT Inc is engaged in the acquisition, reposition, renovation, leasing and managing of income-producing properties with a focus on commercial properties, including flex-industrial and retail properties, multi-family residential properties and hotel properties.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.