When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: Ainos, Inc. AIMD CEO Chun-Hsien Tsai acquired a total of 333986 shares at an average price of $0.50. To acquire these shares, it cost $166,993.00.
- What’s Happening: The company’s shares have jumped 195% since the start of the year.
- What Ainos Does: Ainos Inc formerly Amarillo Biosciences Inc is engaged in developing biologics for the treatment of human and animal diseases.
- The Trade: PHX Minerals Inc. PHX 10% owner Jonathan Brolin acquired a total of 36679 shares at an average price of $2.17. The insider spent $79,447.38 to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: PHX Minerals recently reported a Q4 loss of $0.14 per share.
- What PHX Minerals Does: PHX Minerals, previously Panhandle Oil & Gas, is an oil and natural gas mineral company that has employed a strategy to shift the core of its business away from drilling and toward perpetual mineral and natural gas ownership.
- The Trade: FlexShopper, Inc. FPAY Director Howard Dvorkin acquired a total of 34509 shares at an average price of $2.40. To acquire these shares, it cost $82,718.69.
- What’s Happening: The company, last month, posted mixed quarterly results.
- What FlexShopper Does: FlexShopper Inc operates as a holding company in the United States, is engaged in providing certain types of durable goods to consumers on a lease-to-own basis and providing lease-to-own (LTO) terms to consumers of third-party retailers and e-tailers.
Arlington Asset Investment
- The Trade: Arlington Asset Investment Corp. AAIC President and CEO Rock Tonkel Jr acquired a total of 10000 shares at an average price of $3.42. The insider spent $34,210.00 to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: The company, last month, posted in-line quarterly earnings.
- What Arlington Asset Investment Does: Arlington Asset Investment Corp is a U.S. based principal investment company. The company holds a leveraged MBS investment portfolio, including Agency MBS, private-label MBS, private-label interest-only MBS, and net long TBA positions, with Agency MBS accounting for the majority of total investment capital.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.