Lexington, MA July 05, 2022 --(PR.com)-- Hemanext Inc. (“Hemanext” or the “Company”), a leading innovator in blood processing and storage technology, today announced the appointment of Daan Kok as the Executive Vice President & General Manager of Hemanext for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). In his role, Daan will report directly to Hemanext President and CEO, Martin Cannon.
“We are excited to welcome Daan Kok to be Hemanext’s European leader. He brings a wealth of experience in Hematology and operations in Europe and has an outstanding track record of innovation and driving strong growth," said Hemanext President and CEO Martin Cannon. "Hemanext ground-breaking research and initiatives aim at improving the quality of red blood cells by developing innovative technologies and I cannot think of a more qualified and experienced candidate than Daan to drive Hemanext’s business in EMEA in 2022 and beyond.”
“Hemanext technology has the potential to transform how blood centers approach RBC processing and storage which could benefit all patients requiring transfusions," said Daan Kok. "It is for these reasons that I am joining an incredible team to be a part of such an important mission.”
Daan joins Hemanext from bluebird bio where he held the roles of VP & GM Expansion Markets, EMEA, and VP of Commercial Operations, Europe. Prior to bluebird, Daan worked for ten years at Celgene as Business Unit Director Hematology and Oncology in Belgium, Luxembourg and several Nordic countries and held Strategic Planning and Business Development, Sales, and Marketing management positions.
Hemanext is a privately held medical technology company based in Lexington, MA that is dedicated to improving the quality, safety, efficacy, and cost of transfusion therapy. The company’s research and development efforts center on the study of hypoxically stored red blood cells (RBCs). The company’s aim is to significantly improve the quality of stored RBCs by limiting oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in the storage environment.
Hemanext Key Milestones
· April 7, 2021: Hemanext ONE® received CE Mark certification for sale in the European market.
· November 16, 2021: Association for the Advancement of Blood and Biotherapies (AABB), the leading international not-for-profit association for transfusion medicine and biotherapies, gave its Research Innovation in Scientific Excellence (RISE) award to a scientific paper co-written by the company’s Chief Scientific Officer, Andrew Dunham, PhD, and Principal Scientist, Tatsuro Yoshida, PhD.
· December 30, 2021: Hemanext ONE® was submitted for marketing authorization review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The product is currently available in the United States for investigational use only, pending market authorization from the FDA.
· January 6, 2022: The Hemanext ONE® technology became the first system providing both blood processing and storage to be recognized by AABB for compliance with its industry-recognized quality and safety standards SCoPE Program. The accreditation from AABB confirms that Hemanext’s technology meets the industry-leading requirements laid out by the association.
· February 14, 2022: Hemanext raised an additional $8M, building on the first round of $15M that was raised in September of 2021. This successfully closed Series A-4 equity funding round, bringing the total raised to more than $100 million.
Visit Hemanext.com to learn more about the Company.
Contact via Email
Read the full story here: https://www.pr.com/press-release/864792
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.