Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site in Alabama Featured
WASHINGTON (PRWEB) February 01, 2021
On February 8, at noon EST, the United States Mint (Mint) will begin accepting orders for products featuring the 56th and final coin in the America the Beautiful Quarters Program. The coin honors the Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site in Alabama.
The coin's reverse (tails) depicts a Tuskegee Airman pilot suiting up to join the fight during World War II with the Moton Field control tower in the background. The pilot looks upward with pride and confidence as two P-51 Mustangs pass overhead. The inscription "THEY FOUGHT TWO WARS" is arced across the top as a reference to the dual battles the Tuskegee Airmen fought – fascism abroad and racial discrimination at home. Inscriptions are "TUSKEGEE AIRMEN," "ALABAMA," "2021," and "E PLURIBUS UNUM." The obverse (heads) features the 1932 portrait of George Washington by sculptor John Flanagan, with the inscriptions "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "LIBERTY," "IN GOD WE TRUST," and "QUARTER DOLLAR."
Product options and pricing are below.
- PRODUCT CODE: 21ABA, PRODUCT OPTION: 100-Coin Bag, MINT MARK: P, PRICE: $36.75
- PRODUCT CODE: 21ABB, PRODUCT OPTION: 100-Coin Bag, MINT MARK: D, PRICE: $36.75
- PRODUCT CODE: 21ABC, PRODUCT OPTION: 100-Coin Bag, MINT MARK: S, PRICE: $36.75
- PRODUCT CODE: 21ARA, PRODUCT OPTION: Two-Roll Set, MINT MARK: P, D, PRICE: $34.50
- PRODUCT CODE: 21ARB, PRODUCT OPTION: 40-Coin Roll, MINT MARK: S, PRICE: $19.75
- PRODUCT CODE: 21ARC, PRODUCT OPTION: Three-Roll Set, MINT MARK: P, D, S, PRICE: $49.25
Coins in rolls and bags are produced at the Philadelphia, Denver, and San Francisco facilities. The three-roll set contains coins from all three facilities.
To sign up for REMIND ME alerts for the rolls and bags of Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site quarters, visit https://catalog.usmint.gov/tuskegee-airmen-national-historic-site-2021-rolls-and-bags-MASTER_TUSKEGEE.html.
To view additional products in the America the Beautiful Quarters Program®, visit https://catalog.usmint.gov/coins/coin-programs/america-the-beautiful-quarters-program/.
About the United States Mint
Congress created the United States Mint in 1792, and the Mint became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. As the Nation's sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage, the Mint is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; silver and bronze medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. Its numismatic programs are self-sustaining and operate at no cost to taxpayers.
Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, the United States Mint will not accept and will not honor orders placed prior to the official on-sale date of February 8, 2021, at noon EST.
To reduce the risk of employee exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace, the Mint's sales centers are closed until further notice. Additionally, due to operational adjustments in response to COVID-19, our customer service representatives are available to assist with any questions you may have, but are unable to accept credit card information or place your order over the phone. Please use our website for all order placements at this time.
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/learn/coin-and-medal-programs/america-the-beautiful-quarters for information about the America the Beautiful Quarters Program.
- Visit usmint.gov/about for information about the United States Mint.
- Visit catalog.usmint.gov/email-signup to subscribe to United States Mint electronic product notifications, news releases, and public statements.
- Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
United States Mint – Connecting America through Coins
For the original version on PRWeb visit: https://www.prweb.com/releases/final_coin_in_u_s_mint_america_the_beautiful_quarters_program_available_february_8/prweb17695975.htm
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.