Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico Reports Passenger Traffic Increase of 20.7% for the Month of September
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico, S.A.B. de C.V., (NYSE: PAC) (BMV: GAP) ("the Company" or "GAP") announced preliminary terminal passenger traffic figures for the month of September 2016, compared to traffic figures for September 2015.
During September 2016, total terminal passengers increased 20.7% in the Company's 13 airports, compared to the same period of the previous year. Domestic passenger traffic increased by 25.2%, while international passenger traffic increased by 12.0%.
Events for the Period:
- Seats and Load Factor: In September 2016, GAP registered a 19.2% increase in the number of seats available compared to September 2015. Load factor for the month rose by 1 percentage point, from 74.1% in September 2015 to 75.1% in September 2016.
- Domestic Market: To date, September has reported the highest percentage growth in domestic passenger traffic. The main contributors to this growth were: the Federal Government's campaign, "Let's Travel through Mexico", as well as an increase of remittances and a favorable peso-dollar exchange rate for local tourism.
- International Market: Foreign passenger flow continues to increase. Lower oil prices as well as the Mexican peso depreciation were the main growth drivers for passenger flow.
- Guadalajara: The domestic market contributed 71.4% of this airport's total passenger traffic growth during September. The Guadalajara to Tijuana to Guadalajara route reported the highest growth rate within GAP with a 37.1% increase in passenger flow during September 2016 compared to September 2015.
- Tijuana: In terms of growth, this airport remains first place among the 10 largest Mexican airports. Load factor continues to report same levels of growth, from 73.5% in September 2015 to 74.1% in September 2016.
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V. (GAP) operates 12 airports throughout Mexico's Pacific region, including the major cities of Guadalajara and Tijuana, the four tourist destinations of Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, La Paz and Manzanillo, and six other mid-sized cities: Hermosillo, Guanajuato, Morelia, Aguascalientes, Mexicali and Los Mochis. In February 2006, GAP's shares were listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "PAC" and on the Mexican Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "GAP". In April 2015 GAP acquired 100% of Desarrollo de Concesiones Aeroportuarias, S.L., which owns a majority stake of MBJ Airports Limited, a company operating the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements. These statements are not historical facts, and are based on management's current view and estimates of future economic circumstances, industry conditions, company performance and financial results. The words "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "plans" and similar expressions, as they relate to the company, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Statements regarding the declaration or payment of dividends, the implementation of principal operating and financing strategies and capital expenditure plans, the direction of future operations and the factors or trends affecting financial conditions, liquidity or results of operations are examples of forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect the current views of management and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. There is no guarantee that the expected events, trends or results will actually occur. The statements are based on many assumptions and factors, including general economic and market conditions, industry conditions, and operating factors. Any changes in such assumptions or factors could cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
In accordance with Section 806 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and article 42 of the "Ley del Mercado de Valores", GAP has implemented a "whistleblower" program, which allows complainants to anonymously and confidentially report suspected activities that may involve criminal conduct or violations. The telephone number in Mexico, facilitated by a third party that is in charge of collecting these complaints, is 01-800-563-0047. The web site is http://www.lineadedenuncia.com/gap. GAP's Audit Committee will be notified of all complaints for immediate investigation.
For more information please visit www.aeropuertosgap.com.mx
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V.
Saúl Villarreal García, Chief Financial Officer
Paulina Sánchez , Investor Relations Officer
52 (33) 38801100 ext 20151
In the U.S.
i-advize Corporate Communications
Maria Barona, 212-406-3691
Patricia Cruz, 212-406-3694