Demonstrate Your American Pride by Exercising Your Right to Vote in the Duck® Brand REAL Vote Campaign
As Americans are focused on casting their vote in the upcoming Presidential election, Duck® brand is asking citizens to turn their attentions to the "REAL" Vote. That's right – the manufacturer of Duck® brand Duck Tape® is cutting through the bureaucratic "tape," asking participants to independently cast their vote to determine the next patriotic-themed print of Trust E. Duck, the friendly mascot of the Duck® brand, Duck Tape®.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160712006612/en/
Experience one-of-a-kind, Americana-themed sculptures made of Duck Tape®, such as this 12-foot Eagle. (Photo: Business Wire)
"Duct tape has deep American roots, beginning in World War II, when there was a need for a strong, flexible, durable, waterproof tape for the war effort," said Bill Kahl, executive vice president of marketing at ShurTech Brands, LLC, the company that markets the Duck® brand. "We've always been proud of our heritage and are excited to celebrate our American pride and patriotism with our REAL Vote campaign… especially during this monumental election season."
The campaign kicked off on June 17, 2016 at the Americana-themed Avon Heritage Duck Tape® Festival and will continue online during entire month of July, with additional Cleveland-area events during the Republican National Convention. At each post, brand ambassadors will collect votes to determine America's favorite new Duck Tape® print featuring Trust E. Duck.
While the Duck® brand mascot was born in 1984, only two limited-edition Duck Tape® prints have ever featured Trust E. Duck. The new print choices will include the mascot standing proudly with an American Flag on the moon or Trust E. Duck on a star-spangled and striped background. For those who can't attend the special Cleveland-area events, votes can be cast via online ballots at www.ducktaperealvote.com through July 31, 2016.
"Consumers of Duck Tape® are extremely passionate and enthusiastic about new prints," said Kahl. "In addition to the patriotic excitement of this campaign, we are thrilled to provide our consumers a voice to choose their favorite design."
At the upcoming Cleveland-area events, each patriot can vote for their favorite print, while experiencing one-of-a-kind, Americana-themed sculptures made of Duck Tape®, showcasing both big and small projects that can be created with America's Favorite Fix-All. And similar to a true election, they'll receive an "I Voted" sticker and campaign flyer, as well as a variety of other giveaways. Locations include**:
Downtown Cleveland, W. 6th Street and W. St. Clair Avenue,
- Dates/Times: Monday, July 18, 2016 – Thursday, July 21, 2016; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Experience: Visit the unique 31-foot, custom, bright green Duck® Bus "voting booth" while enjoying a fun tour featuring the latest and greatest from this vibrant and useful product. Duck Tape® sculptures, such as an eagle with 12-foot wing-span; the Statue of Liberty; and a Great American Guitar will be on display.
Flats East Bank, Old River Road, 44113
- Dates/Times: Monday, July 18, 2016 – Thursday, July 21, 2016; 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Experience: Duck Tape® sculptures, such as a 7-foot wide All-American Cheeseburger; "Mt. Duckmore" featuring the faces of our American presidents – with the addition of Trust E. Duck; as well as Honest Abe and Uncle Sam will be on display.
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, 3900 Wildlife Way
- Date/Time: Monday, July 18, 2016; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Experience: Voting and crafting stations outside the Duck® brand van, as well as a life-sized Duck Tape® elephant sculpture will be featured.
Crocker Park, Crocker Road, Westlake, 44145
- Dates/Times: Monday, July 18, 2016 – Wednesday, July 20, 2016; Times: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Thursday, July 21, 2016; 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Experience: Duck Tape® sculptures, such as a 25-foot-tall replica of the Empire State Building; a larger-than-life Adirondack chair; and a patriotic "Big Apple" featuring a silhouette of the Statue of Liberty will be on display.
"As thousands descend upon Northeast Ohio, we hope to bring some light-hearted fun to the city while people are thinking about the election – all while ignoring party lines and generating unbiased patriotic pride," said Kahl.
The results of the REAL Vote will be announced on or around August 12, 2016. For more information about the REAL Vote Campaign or to cast a vote, visit www.ducktaperealvote.com.
**All dates, times and locations are subject to change.
DUCK TAPE® BRAND DUCT TAPE
An American original, Duck® brand is known for its quality and innovation, which now includes a vibrant assortment of hundreds of colors, designs and licenses. Duck Tape® brand duct tape is available nationally at mass merchandise, craft, hardware, home center, food, drug, office, auto and specialty retailers in colors such as gold, sage, fluorescent pink, green and orange, and designs such as Galaxy, Love Tie Dye and Puppy Potpourri.
Duck Tape®, marketed by ShurTech Brands, LLC, offers a vast array of innovative, forward-thinking solutions that help everyone – from DIYers to crafters – bring their ideas to life. The brand sets trends, inspires creativity and leads the way in crafting, DIY projects and more, giving you the tools you need to create anything you can dream. Visit duckbrand.com for additional product information. And, keep up-to-date on Duck® brand news by joining our more than 5 million fans on Facebook® (facebook.com/ducktape), following us on Twitter® (@theduckbrand), following our boards on Pinterest® (pinterest.com/theduckbrand) and watching us on YouTube® (youtube.com/theduckbrand).
SHURTECH BRANDS, LLC
ShurTech Brands, LLC, markets DIY (Do It Yourself), EIY (Express It Yourself) and Home & Office consumer products under the Duck®, FrogTape®, T-REX® Tape, Painter's Mate Green® and Shurtape® brands. The company is a subsidiary of Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Hickory, N.C., an industry-leading producer of pressure sensitive masking, duct, packaging and specialty tape products, with facilities in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Mexico, Peru, United Arab Emirates and China. Shurtape services numerous markets, including industrial, packaging, HVAC, professional paint, auto, marine, aerospace, arts and entertainment, and retail. Shurtape also manufactures and markets the Shurtape® and Kip® brands. Visit shurtech.com for more information.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Pinterest® is a registered trademark of Pinterest, Inc.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.
- Ignore Party Lines - Cast Your Vote in the @theDuckBrand REAL Vote Campaign www.ducktaperealvote.com
- Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of the Newest Duck Tape. Vote now in the @theDuckBrand REAL Vote Campaign. www.ducktaperealvote.com