Webcast Metrics® Ranks the Top Digital Audio Properties for February 2016
Triton Digital®, a leading technology provider for the audio industry, today released its monthly Ranker for February 2016, providing insights into the month's top streaming audio providers, as well as listening trends for the month of February.
Key findings from the February 2016 Ranker include:
- All measured clients within the Domestic U.S. reported a total of 4,753,593 Average Active Sessions (AAS) during the Monday-Friday 6:00AM-8:00PM daypart, and 3,985,680 AAS during the Monday-Sunday 6:00AM-Midnight daypart.
- 38 percent of listening took place on an iOS device, followed by Android at 31 percent, Google Chrome at 9 percent and Flash at 9 percent. (M-F 6A-8P)
- Overall streaming has seen steady growth when compared to February 2015. February 2016 Average Active Sessions (AAS) increased by 15.2 percent in the Domestic M-F 6A-8P daypart and by 14.5 percent in the Domestic M-SU 6A-Midnight daypart.
- When compared to January 2016, the Modern Adult Contemporary format showed the largest listening gain with a 9.8 percent increase in AAS, followed by Urban Contemporary (5.4 percent), Alt/Modern Rock (4.1 percent), News/Talk (3.1 percent) and Top 40 (2.1 percent).
- Looking at the top 20 markets, Miami showed the largest listening gain from January 2016 with an 8.8 percent increase in AAS, followed by Houston (8.7 percent), Baltimore (7.1 percent), Dallas Fort Worth (4.5 percent) and Washington (4.2 percent).
Full results of the February 2016 Ranker can be found here: https://www.tritondigital.com/press-releases/triton-digital-releases-February-2016-top-20-ranker
Triton Digital's Monthly Ranker is a listing of its top 20 clients' digital audio stations and networks measured by the Media Rating Council (MRC) accredited Webcast Metrics® audience measurement platform. Webcast Metrics uses a proprietary platform to track audience data and convert it to audience metrics that can be easily understood by stations, publishers and advertisers. Unlike other measurement solutions, Triton's Webcast Metrics information is based on census data, rather than consumer surveys, providing the most accurate information.
About Triton Digital
Triton Digital's® (http://www.tritondigital.com/) technology has connected audio supply to advertising demand since 2006, providing the technical backbone for the digital audio marketplace. The company's innovative technology enables both live and on-demand publishers to build audience and revenue globally. As a pioneer in the space, Triton Digital has made that audience available programmatically for the first time, maximizing audience buying efficiency for advertisers across the world.
Kristin Charron, 866-448-4037