FCA US "Women of Color" Gain Recognition at Annual STEM Event
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Oct. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Oct. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Eleven FCA US women capture awards for excellence in technical and managerial leadership
- Awards underscore Company's commitment to develop diverse employees and to promote careers in STEM
- The Women of Color Conference is the only multi-cultural celebration held to honor the significant achievements of women in STEM
FCA US LLC technical business leaders received honors for their career achievements at the 18th annual Women of Color STEM Conference held October 15-17 in Detroit. The Women of Color Conference honors the significant achievements of women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) professions. The conference ensures that the accomplishments and leadership of outstanding women in technical fields are highly visible to industry professionals, government officials and students.
"FCA US is proud that our women continue to be recognized for their extraordinary technical achievements and leadership," said Marlin Page, Diversity and Inclusion Officer, FCA US LLC. "The Women of Color Awards celebrate some of the country's most promising and influential female business and community leaders. We are humbled to be named among such prestigious honorees."
FCA 2015 Women of Color Award Recipients
Professional Achievement Award: Recognizes a mid-career professional with significant accomplishments as a leader and role model in an engineering or technology industry, or government agency.
- Sharon (Xiaorong) Jin - Material Technical Specialist, Organic Materials Engineering
Technology All Stars Award: Recognizes accomplished professionals who have demonstrated excellence in the workplace and in their communities.
- Deirdre Fultz - Manufacturing Manager, Kokomo Transmission Plant
- Denise Jackson - Manager, MOPAR International Supply Chain
Technology Rising Stars Award: Recognizes young professionals who are helping to shape technology for the future.
- Malini Dodaballapur - Technical Architect, DealerConnect Stability Team
- Deidra Gilreath - Global Diagnostic Strategist, Electrified Powertrain Group
- Masuma Khandaker - Aero-Thermal Engineer, Vehicle Aero-thermal Integration and System Simulation
- Mamta Maddireddy - Business Analyst, Environment Health & Safety and Corporate Security
- Jin Palmer - Manager, Uconnect Product Strategy
- Umckia Smiley - Vehicle Lead, HMI & Ergonomics Vehicle Integration & Validation
- Xian Tao - Group & Technical Lead, Powertrain Virtual Analysis
- Pavana Vaidyanath - Software Competency Lead, Powertrain Software
Over the years, FCA US employees consistently have earned important technical professional recognition from various diversity organizations, including Black Engineer of the Year, Women of Color, HENAAC Great Minds in STEM and others, reflecting the Company's strong commitment to developing its diverse workforce.
For the past three years, the Company has been named a top supporter of engineering programs at the nation's Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), according to U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology magazine. The Company also sponsored college scholarships through HENAAC Great Minds in STEM™, a non-profit that focuses on STEM educational awareness programs for Hispanic students from kindergarten to career.
Additionally, the Company actively supports initiatives that aim to increase the number of college-bound minority students in the STEM pipeline. In 2014, FCA US partnered with Florida International University (FIU), to sponsor a STEM education initiative called "Engineers on Wheels." The program features mobile classrooms bringing hands-on engineering and science experiments and experiences to South Florida K-12 schools, and to the community at large. FIU is the largest producer of Hispanic engineers in the U.S., and one of the country's top producers of African-American engineers.
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker with a new name and a long history. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brands as well as the SRT performance vehicle designation. The company also distributes the Alfa Romeo 4C model and Mopar products. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler, the innovative American automaker first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925; and Fiat, founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.
FCA, the seventh-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FCAU" and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol "FCA."
Follow FCA US news and video on:
FCA Content On Demand (COD): www.fcacod.com
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fca-us-women-of-color-gain-recognition-at-annual-stem-event-300161596.html
SOURCE FCA US LLC