FCA US Offers Hot New Rides and Family Fun at the 2015 State Fair of Texas
DALLAS, Sept. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Chrysler brand celebrates the 90th anniversary of the brand and the 60th anniversary of the new, award-winning 2015 Chrysler 300 — the "2015 Car of Texas"
- Dodge shakes things up with the new, ultimate performance Challenger SRT Hellcat
- FIAT brand expansion continues with the all-new 500X crossover featuring all-wheel drive
- Jeep® Renegade struts its stuff as the most capable small SUV on the market
- Ram Truck brand makes an impact with the new Ram Laramie Limited and Rebel models
FCA US LLC is bringing its latest models, state-of-the-art displays, and several unique interactive experiences to the State Fair of Texas, Sept. 25-Oct. 18.
"We will treat State Fair attendees to everything from the world's fastest muscle cars, to the most fuel-efficient pickup trucks, to seductive American sedans," said Mike Dragojevic, Director of the Southwest Business Center, FCA US. "The State Fair of Texas gives us a chance to demonstrate how our Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram and FIAT vehicles uniquely answer the demands of Texans."
Chrysler Brand and the 'Car of Texas'
The Chrysler brand is marking significant anniversaries in 2015 — 90 years of the Chrysler brand and 60 years for the Chrysler 300. To commemorate these milestones, the Chrysler brand display will include the new 2015 Chrysler 300 — the reigning "Car of Texas" awarded by the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA). In addition, the "Mid-size Car of Texas," the Chrysler 200, and the original luxury minivan, the Chrysler Town & Country, will be displayed.
The new, award-winning 2015 Chrysler 300 takes the nameplate's style and sophistication to new levels. With its iconic proportions, this head-turning big, bold American sedan is highlighted by world-class quality and craftsmanship and best-in-class 31 mpg highway fuel economy, plus class-exclusive innovations that include a state-of-the-art TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission, now standard on every model, and the segment's most advanced all-wheel-drive system. The new Chrysler 300 puts boulevards and interstates on notice once again.
Ultimate Performance Machines From Dodge and SRT
The 707-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat — the world's quickest, fastest and most powerful muscle car — will be on the State Fair show floor for the first time. And if that's not enough excitement from Dodge, the R/T Scat Pack model, with best-in-class 485 naturally aspirated horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque — the most horsepower under $40,000 — also will be on display.
2016 Fiat 500X
The all-new 2016 Fiat 500X combines authentic Italian design and engaging driving dynamics, together with an advanced all-wheel-drive system, unmatched functionality, and a full array of safety, comfort and convenience features. With comfortable seating for five, world-class craftsmanship, and superior ride and handling, the Fiat 500X delivers driving excitement, technology, safety and functionality to the rapidly growing small-crossover segment.
2015 Jeep Renegade
The all-new 2015 Jeep Renegade expands the brand's vehicle lineup, entering the growing small sport-utility-vehicle segment, while staying true to the Jeep brand's adventurous lifestyle and 4x4 capability. The Renegade delivers a unique combination of best-in-class off-road capability, open-air freedom, a segment-first nine-speed automatic transmission that contributes to outstanding on-road and off-road driving dynamics, two fuel-efficient engines, and innovative safety and technology offerings.
2016 Ram Laramie Limited and Rebel
The 2016 Ram Laramie Limited, the benchmark in pickup truck opulence, offers an even higher level of refinement and attention to detail. The upgraded interior and exterior trim aligns with a long list of best-in-class titles under the Ram moniker, including fuel economy, payload, torque and towing capacity. The 2016 Ram Rebel brings a one-of-a-kind, off-road design to the full-size truck segment, sporting numerous off-road-ready features, including a suspension lift, 33-inch tires and a custom interior.
Free, Unique Experiences for State Fair Attendees
The FCA indoor and outdoor displays will feature a number of fun experiences for fair-goers with Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT vehicles.
- Shadow Family Decals: Visitors can pose with their family and friends, holding the brand logo of their choice, to receive a white vinyl silhouette decal to apply to their vehicle's back window
- Fun Photo Op: This multi-branded green screen offers fair-goers a choice of vehicle scenes and props. The scene is superimposed onto the photo and then e-mailed to the participant as a keepsake or to post on social media
- Dodge Viper Simulator Challenge: Similar to last year's Charger Challenge, this year the video game simulator features a bright yellow Dodge Viper. Participants can test their track time while "driving" an actual Viper staged in front of three panoramic video screens and featuring realistic sound effects. It is a real-life, behind-the-wheel experience without leaving the auto show floor.
- Jeep Alley: A new touch-screen interactive featuring six screens and capacity for six participants to customize their choice of Jeep vehicle and choose a variety of options, including, color, wheels and decals. The Jeep team will email their creation to participants. (Note: this attraction will only run in October.)
- Ram Truck Zone: The outdoor Ram Truck display includes Big Red — a photo opportunity with a preserved Longhorn steer — and a new mechanical bull ride that will be a "mechanical ram" instead. Guests who dare to ride the ram in the Ram Truck Zone will get to keep their rodeo "back number" as a souvenir.
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker with a new name and a long history. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brands as well as the SRT performance vehicle designation. The company also distributes the Alfa Romeo 4C model and Mopar products. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler, the innovative American automaker first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925; and Fiat, founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.
FCA, the seventh-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FCAU" and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol "FCA."
Follow FCA US news and video on:
FCA Content On Demand (COD): www.fcacod.com
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fca-us-offers-hot-new-rides-and-family-fun-at-the-2015-state-fair-of-texas-300145917.html
SOURCE FCA US LLC