GOL - Domestic load factor reaches 84.3% in July, a record on Company's history
SAO PAULO, Aug. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: GOLL4 and NYSE: GOL), (S&P: B, Fitch: B-, Moody's: B3), the largest low-cost and best-fare airline in Latin America, hereby announces its preliminary air traffic figures for July and year to date (7M15). Comparisons refer to the same period in 2014.
- Domestic demand in July increased by 10.7%, leading to a record load factor of 84.3%, an increase of 4.4 p.p. compared to July 2014.
- Year to date and in the last twelve months, domestic demand showed an increase of 5.7% and 6.2%, resulting in a load factor of 79.3% and 79.2%, up 2,4 p.p. and 3.8 p.p. respectively compared to the same periods of 2014.
- Domestic supply grew by 4.8% in July. This increase also reflects the lower capacity in the same period of 2014, when the Company reduced capacity during the FIFA World Cup held in Brazil. In the LTM, capacity expanded 1.1% over the same period of 2014.
- The international market increased capacity by 8.3% and demand, improved 11.9%, leading to a load factor of 76.5%. The development in this indicator compared to June reflects seasonal factors such as school holidays in Brazil.
- In July, we reached a total of 3.7 million passengers transported, an increase of 6.9% compared to July 2014. Year to date and LTM, we transported 23.2 million and 40.4 million passengers, up 3.1% and 5.3% if compared to the same periods of 2014, respectively. With this result, GOL maintains its position as the airline that transports the largest number of passengers in the Brazilian market.
For further information visit www.voegol.com.br/ir
Phone: +55 (11) 2128-4700
Phone: +55 (11) 2128-4183
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gol---domestic-load-factor-reaches-843-in-july-a-record-on-companys-history-300128617.html
SOURCE GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A.