KYOTO, Japan, Jan. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation NJ (the "Company") today announced the status of the Company's own share repurchase under its ongoing repurchase plan resolved at a meeting of the Board of Directors held on June 9, 2012, pursuant to Article 459, Paragraph 1, Item 1 of the Companies Act of Japan.
Details are as follows:
Details of Share Repurchase
1. Period of own share repurchase: From December 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012
2. Class of shares: Common stock
3. Number of own shares repurchased: 0 shares
4. Total repurchase amount: 0 yen
Note: The above repurchase information has been prepared on the basis of execution date.
A) The following details were resolved by the Company's Board of Directors on February 5, 2012 and June 9, 2012:
1. Class of shares: Common stock
2. Total number of shares to be repurchased: Up to 5,000,000 shares
(3.45% of total number of shares issued)
3. Total repurchase amount: Up to 40 billion yen
4. Period of repurchase: From February 7, 2012 through February 6, 2013
B) The accumulative number of own shares repurchased until December 31, 2012, pursuant to the Board of Directors resolution above:
1. Accumulative number of own shares repurchased: 4,230,400 shares
2. Total accumulative repurchase amount: 26,715,197,000 yen
The Nidec Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=1734
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.