'Self Gifting' Reaches an All-Time High; Private Island Party Offers Fun Tips for Holiday Shoppers on How to Treat Themselves
A new report by the National Retail Federation reveals that self-gifting is at an all-time high with 6 out of every 10 shoppers planning to spend an average of $139.92 on themselves by taking advantage of retailers' holiday promotions. Private Island Party, the online party store, announces savings for last minute shoppers on fun and whimsical holiday gifts and stocking stuffers!
(PRWEB) December 20, 2012
It's that time of year again when families and friends celebrate the winter solstice by maxing out their credit cards in an effort to purchase continued affections of those they hold dear. But Private Island, an online party store, is reminding shoppers that in the midst of all the holiday shopping to not forget about the most important and deserving person of all: oneself!
According to the National Retail Federation, 6 out of every 10 shoppers plan to spend an average of $139.92 on 'self-gifting' this holiday season.
The following are Private Island's fun tips for all self-gifters:
1. Know the crowd. Some people may find the act of self-gifting to be a greedy and foolhardy endeavor. Jealous haters is all they are. So, in this society filled with judgmental naysayers, one must abide by a certain code of discretion when practicing the art of self-gifting.
2. Self-gifting can be approached one of two ways.
3. The first option is to buy yourself some gifts and not tell anyone about it. While this is the simpler of the solutions, it is nowhere near as theatrical as the second option.
4. The second option: concoct a fictitious secret admirer! This would involve leaving and/or mailing self-gifted packages for yourself at the home or place of employment. Put on some John Lennon sunglasses, wait until others are around and make a big show of opening these gifts! Don't forget to attach cards that read “From Your Secret Admirer” to really sell the whole thing. If possible, make a point to shove any gifts from actual friends out of the way and loudly exclaim how good it feels that at least one person out there really knows you well.
5. Enjoy! Your self-gifts are well-deserved.
Private Island Party offers a wide selection of holiday theme party items and holiday costumes to personalize seasonal festivities. Shoppers can also currently take advantage of special holiday discounts on last-minute gifts and stocking stuffers.
For more on Private Island Party, stay connected by joining our Facebook community at https://www.facebook.com/PrivateIslandPartyOfficial.
About Private Island® LLC:
Private Island® Started in 2010 as the world's most eccentric and fun party novelties company that pushes fun to a new extreme. We believe that everybody should be dressed up all the time and encourage people to break with social norms and enjoy life. Our slogan : "Dress up your Wild Side" is just that, our favorite people are creative, full of fun and laughter and see the excitement that the world brings when you don that costume.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/12/prweb10204654.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!