Lonely Planet's first guide to everything!
The Book of Everything is an indispensible how-to guide of essential tips and tricks for travellers, which is published this month. This new title is a collection of colourful illustrations and diagrams which present practical information, handy hints and fascinating facts about the world of travel. Created by pioneering graphic artist Nigel Holmes, The Book of Everything is a humorous look at travel trivia, from how to prevent a hangover on the road to how to ride a camel.
The Book of Everything contains an eclectic mix of information, designed for everyone from first-time travellers to the most seasoned explorers. The book is organised into seven useful themed chapters, including:
- Understanding the World: featuring the northern lights explained and how to predict the weather
- Outdoor Survival: including how to prevent mosquito bites, how to build a campfire
- Etiquette: such as tipping etiquette, cultural mistakes to avoid around the world
- Food and Drink: featuring how to open a coconut, how to say cheers around the world
The Book of Everything is the second infographic title from Lonely Planet, following the success of How to Land a Jumbo Jet, also from graphic artist Nigel Holmes.
* The Book of Everything: Price £14.99 * November 2012 *
NOTE TO EDITORS
Nigel Holmes is available for interview
Extracts and images are available
Review copies are available upon request
ABOUT LONELY PLANET
Lonely Planet is the world's leading travel content provider. Started in 1973, we enable curious travellers to experience the world and get to the heart of a place via guidebooks, an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products and a dedicated traveller community. Visit us at www.lonelyplanet.com.
— WebWireID165659 —
View Comments and Join the Discussion!