Research and Markets: Industrial Cutting of Textile Materials
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kr3vfw/industrial) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Industrial cutting of textile materials" to their offering.
A cutting room is a separate area in a clothing manufacturer where garment components are cut out. The accuracy and efficiency of cutting room operations is critical to all subsequent operations and to final garment quality.
Drawing on the author's extensive experience, Industrial Cutting of Textile Materials summarises good practice in cutting room operations. The author reviews initial steps such as unloading, sorting and quality control of materials. She then discusses subsequent operations from lay planning and marker making, through manual and automated spreading and cutting, to fusing of cut components and final work operations such as sorting cut components for sewing. The book also discusses marker making, spreading and cutting of more intricate fabrics such as striped fabrics and fabrics with check, motif and border patterns, narrow lace and pile fabrics.
Key Topics Covered:
- Introduction to cutting room operations in garment manufacture
- Initial preparation and quality control of textile materials in textile cutting operations
- Lay planning and marker making in textile cutting operations
- Principles and methods of textile spreading
- Manual spreading of textile materials
- Automated spreading of textile materials
- The manual textile cutting process
- Manual cutting equipment in textile cutting operations
- Automated cutting of textile materials
- Placement of equipment in the textile cutting room
- Fusing of cut textile components
- Final work operations in the cutting process for textiles
- Manual marker making, spreading and cutting of striped fabrics
- Manual marker making, spreading and cutting of materials with check patterns
- Manual marker making, spreading and cutting of fabrics with motif patterns
- Manual marker making, spreading and cutting of fabrics with border patterns
- Manual marker making, spreading and cutting of narrow lace
- Spreading and cutting of fabrics with pile
- Problems in spreading and cutting of intricate fabrics and methods to prevent them.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kr3vfw/industrial
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd