Research and Markets: Sweden - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ngwmff/sweden) has announced the addition of the "Sweden - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts" report to their offering.
Broadband Strategy Aiming For 90% Access To 100Mb/S Broadband By 2020
Sweden has fared better than most countries in weathering the region's ongoing economic downturn. GDP fell 5.3% in 2009 in the wake of the 2008 crisis, but recovered quickly, growing at some 5.5% in 2010 and 4% in 2011 before falling to an estimated 0.8% in 2012 as the region's economic difficulties weigh down on exports. Despite the economic climate, telecoms market revenue increased 3.8% in 2010 following a number of years during which growth was stagnant. Continued growth, albeit slow, is expected for 2012 and 2013. The market has continued the trend for consumer migration to mobile voice and data services at the expense of fixed-line telephony. More calls are now made via mobile networks than the fixed network, while there are almost as many mobile broadband subscriptions as there are via the copper network.
- World Economic Forum ranks Sweden the world's most connected economy
- Com Hem extends 200Mb/s cable broadband across its footprint
- TeliaSonera commits to SEK5 billion investment to connect up to one million households with FttP by 2014, spends SEK500 million upgrading 800,000 connections with VDSL2
- 100Mb/s broadband connectivity available to more than half of premises
- telecom revenue expected to show continued improvement in 2012 following slight growth in 2011
- Sweden's GDP expects 3.8% growth in 2011
- TeliaSonera obliged to give competitors unbundled access to dark fibre local access networks
- government's bid to sell stake in TeliaSonera defeated in Parliament
- regulator's market data for 2011
- telcos' operating and financial data to June 2012
- market developments to late 2012
BuddeComm's annual publication, Sweden - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts, provides a comprehensive overview of the trends and developments in the telecommunications and digital media markets in one of Europe's more vibrant and progressive countries. The report includes the regulator's market data to the end of 2011, telcos' financial and operating data to June 2012, and market developments to late 2012.
- Market and industry analyses, trends and developments;
- Facts, figures and statistics;
- Industry and regulatory issues;
- Major Players, Revenues, Subscribers, ARPU, MoU;
- Internet, VoIP, IPTV;
- Mobile Voice and Data Markets;
- Broadband (FttH, DSL, cable TV, wireless);
- Convergence and Digital Media;
- 3G subscriber and mobile ARPU forecasts to 2015;
- Broadband market forecasts for selective years to 2020.
- Canal Digital
- Com Hem
- H3 Sweden
- Net 1
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ngwmff/sweden