Research and Markets: Biolubricants: Science and Technology
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2bp72l/biolubricants) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Biolubricants: Science and technology" to their offering.
Lubricants are essential in engineering. However, more sustainable formulations are needed to avoid adverse effects on the ecosystem. Bio-based lubricant formulations present a promising solution.
Biolubricants: Science and Technology is a comprehensive, interdisciplinary and timely review of this important subject. The book starts by reviewing fossil and bio-based feedstock resources for biodegradable lubricants. Further chapters describe catalytic, (bio)chemical functionalisation processes for transformation of feed stocks into commercial products, product development, relevant legislation, life cycle assessment, major product groups and specific performance criteria in all major applications. Final chapters consider markets for biolubricants, issues to consider when selecting and using a lubricant, lubricant disposal and future trends.
Key Topics Covered:
- Renewable lubricants
- Principles of lubrication
- Lubricants: properties and characteristics
- The transition from reliance on fossil resources to biomass valorisation
- Renewable feedstocks for lubricant production
- Chemical transformations of renewable lubricant feedstocks
- Formulating lubricating oils
- Quality assurance of biolubricants
- Legislation of relevance to lubricants
- Biolubricant product development
- Environmental life-cycle assessment (LCA) of lubricants
- Biolubricant product groups and technological applications
- Markets for biolubricants
- Lubricant use and disposal
- Advanced lubricant fluids
- Epilogue: The outlook for biolubricant science and technology.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2bp72l/biolubricants
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd