Kohl's Department Stores' 2012 Holiday Campaign Invites Customers to Create Their Dream Holiday with Great Giftables at Unprecedented Values
Kohl's Department Stores (NYSE: KSS) today announced its 2012 integrated holiday campaign, emphasizing gifts to dream of at unprecedented values this holiday season. With deeper savings and more opportunities to shop, save and share the best offers of the season, combined with customer-friendly policies, Kohl's is the smart choice for shoppers with big holiday dreams.
“While cautious in the current economic environment, consumers still want to create a dream holiday for themselves and their families,” said Kevin Mansell, Kohl's chairman, president and chief executive officer. “Kohl's is delivering incredible savings opportunities to help customers create the holiday experience they dream of within the budget they can afford. We are providing deeper savings more often throughout the season and creating a comfortable, convenient and inspiring shopping experience in-store, online and through mobile devices. Customers will find great gifting options for everyone on their list – all at the prices they want. We believe our collective holiday approach makes Kohl's the most compelling store to shop this holiday season.”
Dream Receipts – Kohl's is picking up the tab for one winner in every store, every day from Nov. 23 – Dec. 24
To delight customers and provide a dream shopping experience this holiday season, Kohl's is launching the “Dream Receipt” program, picking up the tab for one winner every day, from Nov. 23 – Dec. 24, in every store and Kohls.com. A Kohl's shopper will be picked at random every day in every one of Kohl's 1,146 stores across the country and on Kohls.com. Kohl's will pay for each winner's entire purchase. In the spirit of making dreams come true, Kohl's is giving each winner an additional $10 transferable promotional gift so that they can help “pay it forward” by giving it to someone else for this holiday season. Over the 32-day period, Kohl's will reward more than 36,500 Dream Receipt winners! See Official Rules* for details.
In the spirit of paying it forward, the Dream Receipt program will not only make Kohl's shoppers' dreams come true, but will also help deliver happy holidays to deserving kids. For every new person who “Likes” Kohl's Facebook page from Nov. 23 – Dec. 24, Kohl's will donate $1 to Toys for Tots, up to $500,000. With a long-standing commitment to kids' health and education initiatives nationwide, Kohl's is excited to have Kohl's Facebook fans show their support in providing a more enjoyable holiday for kids by helping the company give to Toys for Tots. The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program collects new, unwrapped toys to distribute as Christmas gifts to children in need so they may experience the joy of the holiday season.
Kohl's “Operation: Black Friday” Sales Event – Friday, Nov. 23, 12 a.m. - Midnight – Open 24 Hours
Due to popular demand, Kohl's will once again open its doors nationwide at 12 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 23. Stores will be open for 24 straight hours from 12 a.m. until midnight, offering shoppers additional hours to gain incredible savings on the items they dream of this holiday season. Online shoppers can start saving even earlier this year with all Early Bird specials available on Kohls.com on Wednesday, Nov. 21 and, like last year, all day on Thanksgiving.
National Marketing Campaign – Dream Gifts
To capture the dream and delight of the holiday season, Kohl's will feature its “Dream Gifts” holiday marketing campaign. The fun and energetic music and language of the campaign invites customers to imagine the holiday of their dreams and to use Kohl's tools, resources and savings opportunities to make their dreams a reality. Kohl's holiday campaign will be communicated through in-store marketing, Kohls.com, digital and social media, mobile, email, direct mail, broadcast and out-of-home.
- In-Store Marketing – With designated gift zones throughout the store showcasing perfect gift pairing options, such as pajamas with slippers, Kohl's is set up to be the holiday gift-giver's destination. This year, Kohl's expanded its toy shop by 25 percent to offer toys kids dream of from top brands including Disney, Fisher-Price, Hasbro, Leapfrog, Mattel, V-Tech and more.
- Kohls.com Exclusives – This holiday, visitors to Kohls.com will have access to a convenient, guided shopping experience through new online enhancements. Kohls.com shoppers will also receive additional value through online exclusive discounts and promotions in November and December and free standard shipping offers with a minimum purchase every day throughout the holiday season.
- Online List Builder – Shoppers are invited to use Kohl's enhanced list builder to create customized shopping lists for all things on Kohls.com; manage those lists from their desktop, tablet or mobile device; and then share those lists through email or social channels. For the budget-conscious shopper, the new listing tool offers a real-time budgeting feature allowing users to set budgets before they create their lists and stay on track as they add items. For the first time ever, customers can also print their lists from Kohl's Kiosks in store.
- Kohls.com Holiday Gift Shop – Kohl's will launch its online Gift Shop where customers can enjoy an inspiring and convenient online shopping experience. The Gift Shop will feature easy-to-shop categories to help gift givers find the perfect “dream” items for everyone on their lists.
Social Media – Kohl's Facebook fans (facebook.com/kohls)
will receive exclusive savings opportunities during the holidays
through Friday Flash Sales, and will be able to help select which
dream gifts go on sale through Kohl's “Like Races.” Fans can also
participate in a “New Arrivals Sweepstakes” to enter for a chance to
win $100 Kohl's Gift Cards for themselves and three of their
friends**. Throughout the holidays, customers can follow the
conversation on Twitter (@Kohls)
and enjoy the company's new Pinterest holiday boards to provide
inspiration for great holiday gifts (http://pinterest.com/kohls/).
- New for the holidays, through the “Dream Receipt” campaign, fans can help Kohl's deliver a happy holiday to deserving kids. For each new person who “Likes” Kohl's Facebook page, Kohl's will donate $1 to Toys for Tots, up to $500,000.
Mobile – Just in time for Black Friday, the company will have
free WiFi available in all Kohl's stores nationwide, allowing
customers to easily access their online shopping lists. Consumers are
invited to “check-in” on Foursquare at Kohl's store locations with
their mobile devices for additional savings opportunities during the
- An enhanced mobile application allows users to view and search the newest products, find local store information, use QR code and bar code functionality to find product descriptions, read reviews, shop online and more.
- Email Alerts – Customers choosing to receive email communications from Kohl's will be sent relevant updates on Kohl's brands and even more savings opportunities throughout the holiday season than last year.
- Kohl's Charge Card –Throughout the holidays, Kohl's will continue to reward Kohl's Charge customers with value-added offers and extra savings opportunities. In November and December, Kohl's Charge card and non-Kohl's Charge card customers will enjoy more ways to save than last year, including additional savings offers and deeper savings opportunities.
- Direct Mail – To help shoppers select the perfect gifts that their loved ones are dreaming of, Kohl's will once again distribute a bundled holiday gift guide and jewelry mailer to select Kohl's Charge card holders, including additional ways to save. Also, in mid-December, just in time for last-minute shoppers, Kohl's will send out an additional gift guide with 32-pages of dreamy gift ideas, including jewelry and watches and a large selection of national, private and exclusive brands.
- Broadcast – Kohl's will inspire customers with advertisements that feature a series of Christmas trees decked out in themed dream gift assortments, including a jewelry-adorned tree, a sleepwear/slipper tree, holiday dinnerware tree and sweater tree, to name a few. To help reach the growing number of shoppers who are watching television episodes online, Kohl's is running 30-second spots within full-episode players, such as Hulu, ABC.com, CWTV.com and Adap.TV. Kohl's is also expanding its presence on the Food Network this holiday season by sponsoring the Food Network's Thanksgiving Live! program and adding two new 30-second vignettes starring Bobby Flay as he discusses favorite Thanksgiving dishes and holiday entertaining ideas.
- Out-of-Home – New this year, movie-goers will see Kohl's in theaters across the country as Kohl's starts advertising in cinemas for the first time. Advertising in theaters will begin prior to Thanksgiving and run throughout the holiday season.
Kohl's Dream Policies and Customer Conveniences
From the stores to the web to mobile devices, Kohl's customers will enjoy a dream shopping experience with incredible gifts at unprecedented values and customer-friendly policies and conveniences which include:
Unbeatable Savings Opportunities
- Kohl's Cash® – During Kohl's Cash promotions, all shoppers get $10 Kohl's Cash for every $50 spent (in store or online), with no earn limit, that can be used toward future purchases in store or on Kohls.com – good on all brands and sale prices. It's like getting paid to shop! This year, shoppers will have additional days to earn and additional days to redeem Kohl's Cash compared to last year.
- Night Owls and Early Birds – During special hours, Kohl's offers the lowest prices of the week on select items or categories.
- Kohl's Charge – Kohl's Charge customers receive a number of exclusive benefits. In addition to getting extra savings on their first purchase, shoppers also receive Pick-Your-Day shopping passes and special event discounts throughout the year.
- Only-at-Kohl's Brands – Kohl's powerful brand portfolio includes Simply Vera Vera Wang, Jennifer Lopez collection, LC Lauren Conrad, Marc Anthony collection, Rock & Republic, Food Network, Bobby Flay, ELLE Contemporary Collection, ELLE DECOR, Dana Buchman, Princess Vera Wang, Candie's, Mudd, Tony Hawk, Apt. 9, Chaps, Jumping Beans and SONOMA life + style. Kohl's is also home to national brands including Levi's, Carter's, Nike, Adidas, Bali, Fisher-Price, Cuisinart, KitchenAid and more. Customers can enjoy the launch of DesigNation, Kohl's limited-edition collection concept, with an exclusive line from designer Narciso Rodriguez, available starting Nov. 7 at 7 a.m.
- Shoppers 60+ – Every Wednesday, Kohl's shoppers age 60 and better will save an extra 15 percent on in-store purchases at Kohl's stores nationwide.
Customer-Friendly Policies and Conveniences
- A Hassle-Free Return Policy – Kohl's return policy gives customers a quick, convenient and “no-questions-asked” experience. Customers returning merchandise with receipts or items purchased with Kohl's Charge cards are eligible to receive full refunds or even exchanges, while customers without a receipt will receive a Kohl's merchandise credit.
- No Exclusions – There are no brand exclusions when using offers like Kohl's Cash or Kohl's Charge card discounts.
- Kohl's Kiosk – Buy, Save and Ship for Free – Kohl's Kiosks located in all stores make it easy to shop with confidence. Customers can choose from an expanded assortment of styles, sizes, colors and merchandise that may not be available in stores. Additionally, Kohl's offers free standard shipping in the U.S. on items ordered from in-store kiosks.
- Gift Cards – To provide shoppers with an easy, convenient gift option, gift card centers will be located near check-outs and will offer an expanded assortment of holiday and everyday gift card styles, as well as a variety of accessories and gourmet candies, including Godiva chocolates, to pair with gifts.
- Free Gift Boxes – Kohl's offers free gift boxes in a variety of sizes to make holiday gift wrapping easy.
- Gift Registry – Kohl's offers convenient gift registry options for life's special occasions, including the Wedding Wishes gift registry, Little Ones baby registry and Special Days personal registry. For more information, visit Kohls.com/Registry or visit your local Kohl's store.
About Kohl's Department Stores
Based in Menomonee Falls, Wis., Kohl's (NYSE: KSS) is a family-focused, value-oriented specialty department store offering moderately priced, exclusive and national brand apparel, shoes, accessories, beauty and home products in an exciting shopping environment. With a commitment to environmental leadership, Kohl's operates 1,146 stores in 49 states. In support of the communities it serves, Kohl's has raised more than $208 million for children's initiatives nationwide through its Kohl's Cares® cause merchandise program, which operates under Kohl's Cares, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kohl's Department Stores, Inc. For a list of store locations and information, or for the added convenience of shopping online, visit www.Kohls.com, or join the discussion on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/kohls or Twitter http://twitter.com/Kohls.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward Looking Information
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including guidance on the Company's targeted sales and earnings. Kohl's intends forward-looking terminology such as “believes,” “expects,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “anticipates,” “plans,” or similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, which could cause Kohl's actual results to differ materially from those anticipated by the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to those described in Item 1A in Kohl's Annual Report on Form 10-K, which is expressly incorporated herein by reference, and other factors as may periodically be described in Kohl's filings with the SEC.
* No Purchase Necessary. Open only to legal U.S. residents, 18 or older. See Official Rules available in store or at www.kohls.com/dreamreceipt on or after 11/8/12. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
** No Purchase Necessary. Open only to legal U.S. residents, 18 or older. See Official Rules available at http://www.facebook.com/kohls. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50461966&lang=en