Ohio Christian University Leaves Blackboard and Implements Edvance360 LMS-SN
Ohio Christian University, with locations in Ohio and Georgia, migrates from Blackboard™ to Edvance360 LMS-SN™.
Virginia Beach, VA (PRWEB) October 25, 2012
Edvance360, a leading provider of eLearning services and software solutions, announced that Ohio Christian University left Blackboard™ to join the growing Edvance360 LMS-SN community of users.
“There were several key factors that influenced our decision to seek out a new LMS. Primarily, we were seeking an intuitive system that provided faculty and students with a learning environment that facilitated learning as opposed to creating a barrier to learning. Edvance360 provides an easy to use and intuitive user interface. We also sought to create a sense of community within the LMS. Edvance360 provides the features we need to assist in building community. Other factors included integration with our Student Information System, affordability, and the ability to migrate existing courses into Edvance360. Edvance360 made it possible for us to accomplish these objectives. Edvance360 has been praised by our students and faculty as a big step forward.”
- Ryan Whisler, Assistant Vice President for Information Technology
We invite you to consider joining Edvance360. We offer:
- Unparalleled Personal Support – Edvance360 is a demonstrated leader in its commitment to personalized support for its clients.
- Affordable Pricing – Edvance360's pricing is significantly lower than any of the other commercial vendors. Pricing is regularly 30%-50% below competitor prices.
- Forward-Thinking Commitment – Edvance360 was the first LMS to combine social networking and other Web 2.0 tools (Wikis, Blogs, RSS feeds, etc.) with the academic features in a Learner Management System.
- Open Standards and Specifications – Edvance360 supports SCORM and Common Cartridge
- Learning Outcome Management (LOM) – Use our intuitive LOM tools to assess and manage learning outcomes on student, course, and institutional levels (no additional cost).
- ePortfolios – Enables students at colleges to manage a professional portfolio containing skills developed, documents published, experience gained, and recommendations garnered from teachers (no additional cost).
Edvance360 is an Internet-based Learner Management System (LMS) and secure social network that enables institutions to implement a successful online academic program. Edvance360 equips schools, corporations, and organizations to host online courses, implement modular courses, and revitalize residential courses. Edvance360 was designed by educators for educators, with insight provided by many of the leading educational design experts.
Our clients enjoy a high return on their investment, personalized support, and customizable solutions. We do not believe a one-size-fits-all approach is beneficial to our clients, so we are committed to adapting Edvance360 to fit the needs of the rapidly changing world of education.
Edvance360 is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, with operations in Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, and Washington. For more information, please visit http://www.Edvance360.com or call 866-458-0360.
Edvance360 and the Edvance360 logo are trademarks of Edvance360 Corporation. All other company and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Ohio Christian University
Ohio Christian University is committed to offering a complete education that develops students intellectually, professionally, and spiritually. OCU offers degree programs for traditional undergraduate students, graduate students, adult, and online students. Additionally, OCU's Trailblazer Academy allows high school students to complete college classes. All programs are designed to equip students to become leaders in their careers, communities, families, and the world.
OCU was founded in 1948 as Circleville Bible College for the purpose of educating clergy for the Churches of Christ in Christian Union. While remaining true to its founders' vision, Ohio Christian University has expanded its outreach by becoming accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of North Central Association and the Association of Biblical Higher Education. OCU has added associate, bachelor, and master's degree programs in disciplines such as agribusiness, business administration, disaster management, psychology, and substance abuse counseling.
Ohio Christian University's main campus is located in Circleville, Ohio. Students enrolled in the traditional undergraduate program attend classes and reside on campus in Circleville, Ohio. The adult degree program offers several campus locations in the surrounding region, the state of Georgia, as well as online options.
Their website can be accessed at http://www.ohiochristian.edu.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/10/prweb10055891.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!