GreenChip Resonant Controller Delivers High Efficiency for High-Power LED Applications up to 400W
NXP SSL4120 power supply IC, available today, tailored for high-power solid-state lighting solutions
Eindhoven, Netherlands (PRWEB) October 24, 2012
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) today announced the availability of the SSL4120 – a GreenChip™ resonant half-bridge controller with integrated power factor correction (PFC) for high-power LED applications up to 400 W. The single-chip SSL4120 is a high-efficiency solution for high-power LED applications such as office lighting, shop lighting, high-bay and low-bay lighting, parking garage lighting, area lighting and street lighting. Offering true universal mains operation, the SSL4120 enables efficient direct start-up from rectified mains ranging from 90 to 305 volts. The SSL4120 enables low total harmonic distortion (THD) of less than 10 percent, a high power factor (PF) over 0.97, and a typical PFC frequency of 380 kHz to meet and exceed legal requirements for high-power LED lighting applications. NXP will showcase the latest additions to the GreenChip family of SSL driver ICs at Hong Kong International Lighting Fair (booth 5B-C12).
“Both outdoors and indoors, demand for high-power LED solutions is growing strong in commercial, industrial and street lighting applications worldwide. By integrating controllers for power factor correction and a half-bridge resonant converter in a single chip, the SSL4120 offers an elegant, cost-effective solution in designing high-efficiency LED drivers and power supplies for this market,” said Ryan Zahn, general manager, lighting solutions product line, NXP Semiconductors.
Key Features of the SSL4120
- Single chip with integrated controllers for PFC and half-bridge resonant converter (HBC)
- Designed for high-power LED applications from 75 to 400 W
- True universal mains operation from 90 to 305 V
- Low THD (˂10%) and high PF (˃0.97)
- Resonant topology and valley/zero voltage switching enable high efficiency (>93%)
- Typical PFC frequency of 380 kHz enable compliance with regulatory requirements for THD
- Compact form factor enables cost-effective designs with a minimal external components
- PFC in boundary-mode operation with on-time control
- HBC burst mode switching
- All-around protection, including OverCurrent Protection (OCP), OverVoltage Protection (OVP), demagnetization sensing, open-loop protection, capacitive mode protection, and a general-purpose latched protection input, enables safe operation under severe practical conditions
The SSL4120 resonant controller, the latest high-power LED driver IC from NXP, is now in volume production with product samples available immediately. Other GreenChip solutions for high-power LEDs include the award-winning SSL4101 – a flyback controller with integrated PFC, covering a power range of 25 to 150 W.
- NXP SSL4120T product information: http://www.nxp.com/pip/SSL4120T
- GreenChip SSL products from NXP: http://www.nxp.com/greenchip/ssl
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 25 countries, NXP posted revenue of $4.2 billion in 2011. Additional information can be found by visiting http://www.nxp.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/10/prweb10051423.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!